Chapter 13: Holidays (part2)

"We should get engaged." That is what he said while looking straight into my eyes.

"C-could you please repeat?" I asked

"We should get engaged."

"Please do not joke around like this."

"I am serious. With your family, I will be able to get on the throne, and you will be queen. It is a good deal."

"I am sorry prince Damian, but I must refuse."

"And why is that?"

"My father and I do not wish to get into politics, especially with the royal family. I also fancy someone else."

"Your house won't be affected, and what does that person you fancy have that I don't? I have wealth, I am handsome, and I would not mistreat you. What else do you want?"

"It is none of your concern who and why I like someone else. Now, if that is all, I will take my leave."

"Not so fast Miss Castrix. Do not forget that I am a prince, I have the power to take your house down."

"You should not forget that the house Castrix is the most trusted family of the king. You, a simple prince, will not be able to take down our house."

"I order you to marry me!"

"And I refuse."

On that note, I left the room and walked down the corridor until I bumped into the king. Why did I have to bump into the queen and king on the same day?! is what I thought. I bowed my head and said.

"Greetings my king."

"Who might you be?" he asked.

"She is the only daughter of Duke Castrix." Answered his right-hand man.

"I wasn't asking you." The king continued coldly

"I am Angela Castrix, daughter of Duke Castrix. It is an honor to meet you, your majesty."

"I see." He answered before walking past me

"Are you not coming?" Said the king while turning in my direction

"Huh?" I answered

"We have some things to discuss." He continued

At those words, I followed the king and attendants until we reached the office of the king. As we entered, I noticed the crown prince, Jackson, the second and the fifth princes waiting for their father. They all looked surprised the moment they saw me. I stood beside the door, wondering what was going on when the king spoke.

"Angela, come here." He said while pointing to his left

"My king, I do not think it is the best idea to let her stay by your side. We must discuss something about the royal family. Angela is Duke Catsrix's daughter, she shouldn't be here." One of his attendants spoke

"One of the matters does concern miss Castrix." Said the right-hand man of the king

"He talks too much. Take that man to the dungeons and kill him." The king continued while speaking about his attendant.

"No, please! I was wrong." The men pleaded while being dragged away by the guards.

"Young girl, which of my sons do you wish to marry?"

"Excuse me?" I asked

"You shall marry one of my sons. Which one do you want?"

"Father, what is the meaning of this?" Asked the crown prince

"Angela is strong, her family has a great background. If we were to unite our families, the royal family will be stronger." Answered the king

"Father, Christopher and I are already engaged." Stated the fifth prince