Chapter 4

We had perfected our plan to the maximum and no one could wait any longer. We all wanted to get out of here and get revenge on our captors.

The first step in our plan was to distract the men who thought we were docile because of the fright that they experienced.

Good thing that we learned during our stay that monsters were frequent in the area.

They were often seen in the forest and sometimes they even went to the village. It was supposed that a nest was somewhere around here but no one ever found the source. The king even sent some of his guards to check it out but nothing came of it.

That being said, it meant that our distraction was going to be those monsters.

Sirens were always known for their hypnosis and creation of illusions with their voices. Meaning that we could use the few sirens that were here as slaves so that they would create the illusion of a monster attack.

Strangely, not a single one of our captors thought about blocking one way or another the voices of the sirens and mermaids. I guess they truly are lacking in brain cells and common sense, at least it works to our advantage.

One of the fairies who worked in the sorting area said that this attack should happen at the farthest part of the mine, away from the entrance and hidden.

The elf: "Why? Won't it be harder for us to get out?"

Fairy: "So there would be fewer men at the entrance and it would be easier for the miners, collectors, and observers inside the cave to get to the exit."

Mermaid: "But that just means that it would be easier for the rest of the guys to see and control us if we were all gathered in the same area. And they would be able to call for backup if we try anything."

Merman: "And the assholes in the mines would see pretty fast that the monsters are not real when they will not get hurt."

Old man: "Just scream that you found the nest and leave the ores behind."

Elf: "That won't work if they go there and see no nest."

Angela: "There is an inner cave. Lucie found it yesterday and I didn't notify anyone of it."

Fairy: "We could use it as the nest and pretend we just discovered it, then monsters come out of it and everyone screams and runs out. The slave owners go inside to inspect and fight but they also call back up since it is the nest. So what do we do next? There will be more people and they still won't get injured with the illusions."

Mermaid: "And the collars! When do we get them off? We can't do it in front of those people."

old man: "Ores have a lot of energy."

Angela: "Huh?"

old man: "Legend says that ores come from-"

mermaid: "We do love your stories old man, but what are you talking about? 'Ores have a lot of energy', that's great and we already know that-."

old man: "As I was saying, ores have a lot of energy. As the legend goes the ores come from a very old kind of-"

Elf from before: "Oh come on! We don't have time! Can't you tell us your story after we get out of here?"

old man: "Shut up young man!"

Angela: "Did Grandpa just swear?!"

old man: "Now you all better listen to what I have to say."

All of us shut up and listened to Grandpa as it was the first time he swore.

old man: "Ores have a lot of energy and a legend explains us why. A long time ago, a race that was loved by gods walked on our lands and lived peacefully. They had no difference in status, all helped each other and fed each other.