Chapter 11: Time

It was the last week of our first year at the academy, in one week we would be able to return to our homes for 2 months before the next year started. That week was one of the most chaotic I had in a long time.

The week started as normal. I woke up, dressed for school, chatted with my friends, ate, and went to classes. However, Tuesday was strange. Since the morning I felt uneasy as if something terrible was going to happen, I talked about it to my friends but they said.

"Don't worry about it. I am sure nothing is going to happen." Said Lilian.

"You are probably on edge since those last few nights you barely sleep." Added Priscilla.

"You have trouble sleeping?" Asked Jackson

"Yeah, I keep having nightmares but I can never remember them once I wake up." I answered.

"Oh! Priscilla and I were chatting the other day about an herb that helps one sleep. You can eat it or drink it as if it is tea, you should try it." Continued Lili

"That is true, I completely forgot about it." Said Priscilla.

We continued to talk about our daily life and things we learned or things that happen. The most interesting topic is the fact that a fourth-year girl got into a fight with Jessica. The reason? The fiance of the girl asked for their engagement to be broken since he fell in love with Jessica. The weirdest thing is that Jessica said that she never even talked to the guy, and he confirmed it as well as the fact that he was stalking her! Creepy! The rest of the day felt strange, I could find peace. That night I ate the herb that I got from the infirmary before heading to bed. That night I also had a nightmare, but this time I remembered it so clearly as if it happened.

It was a normal day at the academy, I was in politics class with Lilian when it started to be noisy outside, there was a commotion. I looked at the clock and it showed 2h24 p.m. When we looked outside the window there were monsters everywhere, they were attacking the students. Many students were being killed, and the teachers were trying their best to kill them all but it was of no use. Then I saw Lili and Priscilla running towards the academy since that day they had an outdoor lesson. At that moment I ran outside towards my friends to help them, to save them. But... When I arrived... Lili was turned apart by the beasts and Priscilla was already dead.

At that moment I woke up sweating. I jumped out of bed and checked if Priscilla was alright, she was sleeping in her bed unharmed. Next, I ran towards Lili's room to check if she as well was alright. When I opened the door I saw Jessica was above her looking at her. When Jessica lifted her head and saw my face she said.

"She is alright."

"What?" I asked

"She is not hurt." Jessica answered with a sigh of relief. Sweat was coming down her forehead and the panic expression was gone from her face.

"Did you have a nightmare? Where monsters were attacking the school?" At that, she looked shocked.

We both went out of the room into the corridors where we talked. That night we both had the same dream. We soon realized that it wasn't a dream but a prediction. I then told her that for the past few days I felt uneasy as if something terrible was arriving, and sure enough, she felt the same. We talked and talked about what we were going to do when it would take place. We soon understood that we had those classes the next day. We made a plan and discussed other possible plans in case Plan A wouldn't work, we talked till morning when we separated ways to get ready for the day. Indeed, we usually didn't get along but neither of us wanted this tragedy to unfold.

Both of us got ready. We both hid weapons, Jessica also took medical supplies with her, and I got potions. I knew that I would have no choice but to use my magic in front of everyone to save them but I didn't mind. The only problem was that I was afraid my friends would get mad at me for hiding my abilities from them. During the morning till lunchtime, my friends noticed I was acting strange and asked several times what was going on but I always answered nothing, of course, they knew I was lying but never pushed forward. At lunchtime, I saw Jessica from afar and went towards her. We talked about where we hid the supplies and we summarised our plan once again. Once I went back to my friends they looked at me strangely.

"What was that?" Asked Lili

"What was what?" I answered as if I was an idiot

"Oh come on! Why were you talking to Jessica?" Said Lilian who was starting to get annoyed

"We just had to tell something that the teacher told me." I lied

"You aren't telling the truth, Angela." Continued Sebastian

"Well it is alright, she must have her reasons." Said, Priscilla

At that, we continued to talk normally but before I could head to class Jackson caught up to me and pulled me to the side.

"What is going on?"

"Nothing, don't worry." I smiled

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know. But right now I can't. You will see later on."

"What?"

"Sorry Jackson but I have to head to class." As I said that I ran to my next class, the political class.

Once the teacher arrived and the lesson started I couldn't concentrate at all. I kept looking at the clock and Lilian gave me weird looks. When the clock hit 2h15 p.m I got up from my seat and ran to the place, where Jessica and I hid the weapons and medical supplies. As soon as I got up from my seat I heard the teacher yelling my name and the students talking in confusion. Jessica was already in the room where we hid everything. We both changed our clothes into clothes that highlight agility, we geared up and went outside. The commotion soon started.

At first, Lili's class was also confused by Jessica's attitude, however, once they saw us they looked even more confused. I immediately pulled out my sword and ran towards my friends, but jumped just before hitting someone. with the sword and the mana I put in it, I sliced the monster's arm that was right behind them. Once they realized it, they started to run towards the school. Right after hundreds of monsters came rushing toward us. I was slicing off the monsters one by one with the help of the adults that joined, and Jessica was healing the injured ones with the medical team. A messenger was sent to get reinforcements but it would take a while before they got here. That was when I heard Lilian yelling the name Romane! At that exact moment, I turned my head towards the baron's Lucraft daughter and ran towards her. Once I arrived next to her 7 monsters were also there, so I yelled "Prometha! Anemoi!". Both spirit kings arrived in an instant and eliminated 5 of the monsters. I also had to use my magic to kill the 2 last ones. I then took Romane to Lilian that looked surprised, but he still took his crush in his arms. Following this I return to fight, I also called the five other spirit kings to help and I had no choice but to use 10 percent of my magic. Once the reinforcement arrived, most monsters were dead but they still helped kill the rest.

Once everything was done I went to Jessica so I could help her heal every injured people. But she said.

"Angela, your eyes..."

I knew what she was talking about, my eyes turned back to their gold color. They always do so when I use my powers, but since I used so little the rest of my appearance didn't change. We managed to stop any deaths from happening, but people were talking and I was called into the principal study. There, Jessica and I had to explain ourselves in front of the principal, the other teachers, our parents, and the emperor. We had no choice but to tell everything, from the prophecy to what I was. Everyone looked shocked, first to the fact that both of us were contacted by god, second that Jessica was the most powerful saint, and third, that I am a Celestial being. The duke and principal fought so that I wouldn't be used by the empire and that I would live normally, but also for Jessica to at least finish her education at the academy. Jessica was granted permission but I? I would know what would happen to me after I finished my studies in the academy.

After the incident, Jessica became very popular, especially around boys and teachers. However, people were either terrified by me or respected me. My friends and I talked and they were not mad at me at all. They stayed by my side and protected me from the ones that were bullying me since they were afraid of me. Jackson took really good care of me and told me not to worry because everyone will forget after the holidays. But that didn't happen at all.