The couple walk into the waiting room and find Scott, sitting in the chairs, waiting for Stiles to be done with his MRI.

They sit across from him, Bella putting a comforting hand on his shoulder and sits next to her boyfriend as he looks at them.
"You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you were teaching me to use anger to control the shift" Scott tells Derek, a reminiscent look on his face.
"I think you ended up teaching me more about that" Derek replies, trying to lighten the mood, which worked as Scott had a small smile.
"Are you teaching me again?" He asks the former Alpha.
"Think of it as sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right? It's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But it's not I left... I needed to talk to my mother" Derek tells Scott, making the young Alpha look at him, confused.
"Your dead mother?" Scott asks.
"I didn't believe it at first either" Bella says with a slight shrug.
"She told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills, they protected it" Derek explains to them.

Derek didn't know how to tell Bella about what his mother had told him, but he wasn't sure if he should.
"This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you" Derek tells Scott, making him smile wider.
"And someone like you to teach me a few trade secrets" Scott replies, before a light bulb went off in his head.
"He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us..." Scott trails off as Derek immediately caught on.
"From himself" He finished the teen's words.

They ran up to the roof and looked around.
"What are we looking for?" Derek asks.
"I'm not sure, but I think Stiles wasn't just up here struggling with himself. I think he was struggling not to do something" Scott informs him.
"What could be on the roof that he struggled with?" Bella asks ask, crossing her arms as an unsettling chill ran through her.

Scott then climbed up a fence and grabbed hold of something, before jumping down and showing the couple.

A white duffle bag.

Wires and tools fell out of it, confusing them all.

What could Stiles have used these for?

Not even a second later, the generator exploded.

Derek pulled Bella back, away from it as a cut wire started sparking and thrashing back and forth.

The 3 ran off the roof and all the way downstairs, to the parking lot.

There's a giant puddle of water on the ground with a live wire in the water, making it deadly to the touch.

Movement caught their eyes as they saw Kira, in the water, completely unaffected as she picks up the wire and to our shock, she absorbs the energy.

Her eyes were glowing orange as she made the water safe again.

Bella then looked back at the water and her heart dropped as a hand flew over her mouth in shock at the familiar heap in the water.
"Isaac!!!" She screamed, making Derek run over to the fallen boy, while she stayed back, knowing that if she stepped foot into the water, she'd turn into a mermaid.

There were burns and scars all over Isaac's face, neck and just all over his body.
"He's not breathing. Scott, he's not breathing!" Derek yells, worried for his former Beta as Bella had tears pouring down her face as she just wanted to run over to them, but she couldn't.

||<<●●>>||
|<<●●>>|
|<●●>|
|<<●●>>|
||<<●●>>||

A few days later, Derek had been looking for Stiles, after the boy went missing again, but went to Argent's apartment to confront him about the ultrasonic emitter in his loft, only for both men to get arrested for the murder of a Japanese mob boss.