3.

The next night, during a lacrosse game, Erica had brought Stiles to the school's pool, so Derek could question the human about the killer creature that he witnessed the other night

However, the interrogation was cut short when the said creature attacked them.

It knocked Erica out and cut Derek, paralysing him and he fell in the pool, but Stiles dove in and brought him back up to the surface before he could drown, meaning his only hope at staying alive was Stiles.

As they floated in the pool with the creature stalking around the pool, watching them, Derek thought about the story Bella told him about her cousin.

Since, he can't move and can't keep himself above the water, he thought about how this could be how her cousin felt before he passed.

His heart shattered at the thought of how Bella must have felt and hoped she was home, safe.

All he hoped for was that he survived this night to go to her house and see her.

However, his hope about her being safe was shattered as the door to the pool opened, causing the Alpha and human boy to turned their heads to see Bella walk in.
(Her outfit)

Derek was shocked to see her here as she walked in, not noticing them or the creature until she looked into the pool and stopped in surprise, seeing a teenage boy, holding up Derek in the middle of the pool

"Derek? What are you..." She starts to ask, but he cuts her off.
"Bella! Get out of here now! It'll kill you!" He yells, hoping she'll leave and the creature will just leave her alone.
"What?" Bella asks, not understanding.

She froze in fear at the sound of an animalistic hiss from behind her.
"Leave her alone!" Derek yells at the creature, fear coursing through his body that Bella could get hurt.

Bella slowly turned around almost screamed in horror at the sight of a human sized reptile in front of her blocking her from the door.

Her body was shaking as was her breathing as the creature slowly approached her, seemingly studying her.
"Bella, get in the pool! You'll be safe! It can't swim!" Derek yells, feeling helpless that he can't swim over and protect her.
"I... I can't either" Bella stammers, slowly backing away from the creature.