5.

That night, in the empty school's swimming pool, Bella was floating in the water with her tail bobbing up and down, in the water, leaning her head on her arm at the edge of the pool, deep in thought

She left the lacrosse field when Scott started sprouting about Lydia being immune.

She couldn't handle the idea of Lydia not being the Kanima, meaning Derek was willing to kill an innocent girl.

The thought made her sick.

She thought Derek was the kindest man she'd ever met, but that was before she found out he was a werewolf.

She was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of footsteps and the door opening, making her panic that she'll be seen.
"Hey, it's just me" A familiar voice assures her, making her look to see Derek.

She sighs, relieved that it was him, but not happy to see him as she turned away to avoid looking at him

"Did you do it? Were you at least merciful to make it painless for her or did you make sure she suffered?" She asks him, bitterly, making him sigh in realization that she's mad at him.
"I didn't do it" He tells her.
"Oh! So, you made your little mutts do it for you. Well, guess I can't blame you for not wanting blood on your hands" She snaps, sarcastically.
"Bella, Lydia's still alive. I... I was... I was wrong" Derek confesses, hesitantly, making her slightly turn her head, looking at him in the corner of her eye.
"Lydia's not the Kanima" He adds, sitting at the edge of the pool, in front of her.
"So, what now? Test every person you come across with the venom that obviously doesn't work?" She questions him, still irritated with him.
"I don't need to. I'm pretty sure it's Jackson" Derek replies, confusing her as she looks at him with a questioning frown.
"But you said you..." She starts to say, but gets cut off.
"Jackson was at the house and he was the only one that didn't appear when the Kanima did" He informs her.
"So, what's the plan?" Bella asks him.
"I need to get confirmation, then I'll know when and where to kill him" He states, making Bella scoff.
"Kill. Kill. Kill. It's all about killing with you, isn't it?" She snaps.
"I need to kill the Kanima" Derek tells her, firmly.
"Why? Why do you have to?! Why does killing have to be the answer?!" She exclaims, angrily.
"Because it can't be saved! It's capable of paralysing and killing" Derek argues.
"But you keep talking about how you have to kill it, like you have something to prove!" Bella shot back.
"I'm not proving anything! I'm fixing my mistake!" Derek growls, getting angry.
"What mistake?" Bella asks, shocked.
"If Jackson really is the Kanima, then it's because of me! I bit him, not caring if he died! His transition into this thing is my fault! All the people that have been killed are my fault!" Derek roars, grabbing a nearby chair and throwing it into the wall, breaking it.