Chapter 27: Back To The Beginning

Well this is it, I think to myself as I walk up to my parents' old agency

        Well this is it, I think to myself as I walk up to my parents' old agency. I walk into the huge and bustling building to see that there have been some slight changes since the last time I was here. I walk past all the busy sidekicks to try to find the hero I will be interning with, but he finds me first.

        "Akari! I haven't seen you were little kid! My, you have grown so much!" A familiar voice from the past says coming out of a room. Everyone immediately stops running around to stare at me in shock. Whispers and murmurs can be heard of talk about who I am.

        "Haha, yeah," I say uncomfortably. The Dreaming Hero: Dreamer was a very close family friend and was the one who took over the agency after my parents died, and from the looks of it, he done a pretty good job managing it.

        Noticing my discomfort, he says, "Here, let's go to my office, and I tell you more about what we'll be doing this week."

        "Okay," I respond in relief as I follow him to his extravagant office. I wonder how everyone else's internship is going so far, because my stomach in churning from the anxiety, I think to myself.

————————————————————————————

        "To be perfectly frank, I don't like you very much," Best Jeanist, the number 4 hero, says.

        "Huh?" Bakugo mutters in confusion.

        "I know full well why you chose my agency. Because I'm one of the top five most popular heroes."

        "Hey, look, you're the one who made an offer for me," he argues.

        "Yes. Recently, all my recruits have been perfect little angels, so you certainly stood out. I watched the way you fought at the sports festival. You have a good handle on your powerful Quirk, and a decent grasp of its application as well. You're an outstanding talent. I'd say you're already good enough to take on as a sidekick. However, you do have a fatal flaw. You believe you're the best, and you display that belief without regard how it reflects on you or your image. You have a ferocious nature," Best Jeanist explains.

        "Don't tell me you brought me here just to give me a lecture," Bakugo complains as he takes a slight step forward only to be completely tied up.

        "I have to correct people like you. It's part of my duty to society. Heroes and villains are cut from the same cloth. So your job here is to watch me," Best Jeanist says as the cloth that has Bakugo restrained shows its original destination to be from his costume. "I'll show you what makes someone a hero."

        "What in the hell are you doing?" Bakugo asks.

        "Isn't it obvious? I'm educations you on becoming an exemplary pro. That includes being aware of the way you speak, your appearance, controlling your emotions, your morals. There are countless things you need to learn, but in the brief period of one week, I will stitch these things into the fabric of your being."