Chapter 12: All Might

"Hello, dear Akari," a male voice said through the monitor in the room full of people strapped to chairs and black bags wrapped over their heads

        "Hello, dear Akari," a male voice said through the monitor in the room full of people strapped to chairs and black bags wrapped over their heads. "I apologize for having you taken from your grandparents' home. You must be scared, so let me explain. You see I work with your parents, and we were needing your help."

        "You're a hero, too? Where are my mom and dad?" I asked.

        Ignoring my questions, he said, "We are having problems with someone in the room with you who is against what we stand for. We were needing you to use your Quirk to read this group of people's minds to determine who wants to stop us from creating a better world."

        "But my daddy has the same Quirk, and he is way better than me!" I exclaimed in confusion.

        "Yes, but we need someone who isn't biased, who doesn't know anyone, that way it's fair and no feelings are mixed up in determining the person, or persons, who are against us."

        "Okay, I guess," I answered with a slight nod. I begin to read the minds in the room.

        Akari, honey, don't listen to him! He's a bad guy and this is a trap!

        Daddy? Is that you?

—————————————————————————————————

        "Have no fear, students...Because I am here!"

        "All Might is here!" I say relieved. He rips his tie from off his neck and throws his blazer to the ground. He jumps to rescue Mr. Aizawa, Izukun, Tsu, and Mineta from the villains all around them, though the smile missing from his face is the most disturbing feature.

        "Come on!" Kacchan says running in the direction of All Might and the main villains. As we run closer to where All Might is fighting, I see a huge blue monster of a villain with a bird face and an exposed brain. So, this is what they were thinking about, I think to myself remembering the thoughts I read earlier. No matter how many punches All Might lands, the Bird-Brain monster still isn't fazed. Then, it grabs All Might and picks him up above its head while suddenly being warped through the ground and back out all at the same time. I gasp at the sight as All Might is completely trapped. Before anyone else can do anything, Izukun runs to try to save All Might when the warping villain gets in his way to stop him.

        "How foolish," he says as Izukun flies straight at him with no way to stop him from getting warped.

        "Get the hell outta my way, Deku!" Kacchan shouts as he runs to explode the villain and save Izukun. Kacchan yells and grabs the villain by his sliver neck armor and throws him to the ground. Todoroki comes to help as well and freezes the bird villain in place.

        "One of your poorly trained thugs told me you're here because you think you can kill All Might," Todoroki says.

        All Might manages to get out of its grip and jumps away, landing right beside Todoroki and grunts in pain. Blood stains the side of his white shirt.