❝ eight ❞

Richard Hardbeck sat at his usual tree on Brandon hill, laying back with music blasting in his ears and a cigarette dangling idly from his fingers when he noticed someone taking a seat in front of him

Richard Hardbeck sat at his usual tree on Brandon hill, laying back with music blasting in his ears and a cigarette dangling idly from his fingers when he noticed someone taking a seat in front of him. The girl had blonde hair, sunglasses covering her eyes and a leopard print scarf over her head. Her body covered with a beige trench coat and brown boots on her feet.

"uh... hi?" Rich said, sliding his headphones off his ears and sitting up "how can i help you" The girl then pulled the scarf and wig off her head, pushing the sunglasses onto the top of her head "Ophelia?"

"yep its me" Ophelia smiled before wrapping the scarf around her head again, shoving the wig into her bag after deeming it too extra

"oh fucking hell. What's with the disguise?" The boy asked

"um i think its best if i stay undercover for now. Mini will be happier if she doesn't know about it" Ophelia truly didn't care about being seen with the boy, she prided herself in being able to befriend anyone she'd just rather not hurt Mini's feelings by hanging out with someone she called a freak behind her back "the last thing i want to do is upset her"

"how valiant of you!" Rich comments sarcastically

"i know right" Ophelia grinned "so ive decided to help you"

"uh i dont think that's a good idea"

"why not" Ophelia's grin faded, a bit offended as to why he didn't want her help

"no offense but you kind of represent everything i despise in the world" He stated making r]the girl before him scoff

"oh come on now Richard, how can anyone despise all of this" Ophelia tilted her head to the side, plucking the cigarette from his fingers and taking it for herself "besides, Graces mum always told us opposites attract"

"that's magnets, were people"

"come on" Ophelia pushed herself off the ground, stomping the cigarette under her boot and holding her hand out for the boy to take. Richard didn't mean what he said about her, in his eyes she was an angel but she wasnt what he thought he needed. He thought someone like the 'angel of death' was perfect for him unaware of the fact his soulmate stood in front of him.

"what?" Richard asked

"take me too her" Ophelia smiled

"who?

"the girl you like, come on" She pressured the boy, shaking her hand at him. The boy just rolled his eyes and pushed himself up, grabbing his bag and walking away, calling for the girl to follow him. The pair walked side by side and god where they a sight to see. Rich stood taller than her, probably five foot eleven or even six foot, Ophelia was five seven. Dressed completely opposite, one slouched as they walked and one who walked with such elegance.

The two made it to the college library, standing a bit away as the looked on at the girl Ophelia recognised as the one she had spoken to that very day about a book she wanted. She was pretty and Ophelia was eighty percent sure she was a lesbian (after being told many stories and noticing the looks she gave the girl when they spoke, specifically to her breasts), but still, she would help the boy get the girl.