85. Go to war...

'The prince does not wish to be disturbed.'

'Remove yourself from my path or I will take that long spear and I will shove it-' Ellaria threaten the guard

'Let her pass.' Doran interrupted.

'Your brother was murdered and you sit here in the water garden staring at the sky and doing nothing!' Ellaria shouted.

'Oberyn was slain during a trial by combat by law that is not murder.' Daron corrected.

'Your brother-'

'You don't have to remind me he was my brother long before he was anything to you.'

'what will we do about his death?' Ellaria asked

'I will bury him I will mourn for him.'

'And then?' Ellaria countered

'You would have me go to war?'

'The whole country would have you go to war.' Ellaria corrected

'Then we are lucky the whole country does not decide.' Doran reminded her.

'The sand snakes are with me and there are a lot of the people they will avenge their father while you sit here in your chair doing nothing. Oberyn is dead this Lannister Girl skips around the water gardens eating our food breathing our air how many of your brothers and sisters will they have to kill?' Ellaria shouted at him in rage her fist flying as she pointed at Marcella in the distance. 'Let me have her let me send her to Cersei one finger at a time.'

'I loved my brother and you made him very happy for that you will always have a place in my heart but we do not mutilate little girls for vengeance,' Doran told her 'not here and not what I rule.'

'And how long will that be?' she threatened storming off.

++

Cersei Went to visit Margaery in a cell, rotting, wanting to gloat.

'This is horrible unacceptable' Cersei said looking around Maergerys cell. After the accusations came out about Loras and his night time habits Maergery was caught lying for her brother. She was in a cell, same as her brother and cersei was soaking up the sight of maergery, a mess, no queen at all. 'are they feeding you at least? I brought you this, venison it's quite good.' Cersei said putting it down before her 'I had it myself for supper only last night.' Cersei loved seeing the woman like this. 'we did everything we could as soon as they took your brother. Tommen even went to the sept to beg the high sparrow but I suppose it is only fate left to decide.'

'I know you did this.'

'We are doing everything possible on your behalf I swear do you by all the seven gods.' Cersei informed her.

'Lies come easy to you.' Margaery said 'I know that but innocence, decency, concern you're not very good at those I'm afraid perhaps that's why your son was so eager to cast you aside for me.'

'You were upset you were not thinking clearly I will visit again when you have a chance to calm down.'

'I do not want to see you again' margaery spat.

'I think you will change your mind about that.' cersei remarked 'I've been told men often go mad in the black cells of the red keep but I suppose your isolation will end when the trial begins.'

'Leave.' Margaery demanded.

'Yes I'm afraid I must go, my son needs me now more than ever.' Cersei told her as Margaery grabbed the food throwing it across the room at Cersei.

'Get out of here you hateful bitch!' she shouted, Cersei only smirked leaving.

'Sleep well sister.' Cersei said sweetly. Smugly cersei walked back But she was stopped by the sparrow himself.

'You saw her?' the high sparrow questioned.

'Yes.'

'And?'

'Her accommodations seem fit for her.' cersei admitted 'what now?'

'Well her brother and her have under fair suspicion the trial will be held for each of them it will determine if they are guilty of anything that constitute containment of the faith.'

'Who will stand judge?' cersei questioned

'The seven septons, as it was an all the old trials before the Targaryen.'

'Will you be one of them?' Cersei asked

'I will.' he agreed

'If one or both of them were to confess before the trial...'

'Then they will be found upon the mothers mercy'

'What is the mother mercy entail?' cersei questioned

'That depends upon the situation. The act itself.' The sparrow informed her.

'Thank you high Septon for bringing them whatever justice they deserve in the eyes of the seven.' Cersei said turning to leave but the high sparrow wasn't done.

'did you know the Chapel is one of the oldest structures in Kings Landing?'

'I think I may have heard that at one point,' Cersei admitted.

'and this alter... do you know who made it?' cersei shook her head. 'No, no one does there's no name on it or anywhere else in the chapel. The people who built this place didn't inflict their vanity on those who came after them the way they loaded with a great gilded monstrosity up there... their faith was clean. Strip with a gold in the ornaments knock down the statues in the pillars and this is what remains. the alter. something simple.' he ran his hands along the rough stone

'solid and true. The Tyrell's finery will be stripped away their lies knock down the true hearts laid there for all to see and so it will be for all of us high and low alike.' The high sparrow went on, cersei couldn't help but smile. 'what will we find when we strip you of your finery? A young man came to us not long ago broken and body and spirit. He had so much to strip away but Piece by Piece each week he unburdened himself let go of the vanity pride sin. Sins and now his spirit is so light he will float through the heavens like a bird.' Cersei smiled sweetly, 'he had much to say about you the you.' The sparrow informed her Cersei looked back at the door confused as a man stepped forward she went to leave but the door was blocked.

'Move.' Cersei demanded 'let me go.' she demanded 'you will order her to let me go immediately.' Cersei shouted as one of the women of the sept grabbed her. 'I am the queen I am the queen let me go.' Cersei shouted as she was dragged away screaming and shouting the whole way she wasn't going down without a fight she was thrown into a cell herself. 'look at me.' she demanded 'look at my face. It is the last face you see before you die.'