32. he should be afraid.

Unknown pov

I stare down at the frightened boy, feeling his panic all the way from here. I can feel how deeply he cares for her, how afraid he is of losing her.

Good. He should be afraid.

His fear is exactly what I need. And his fear over this girl is the push I did not foresee. This girl- all she has done is cause problems. I have not spent all this time planning, suffering in impatience for it all to be destroyed by some Princess. I have waited far too long for what's to come next. She will not get in the way of this.

I watch as he holds her, promising silently to take care of her. To protect her. All of them panic over someone so irrelevant, a disappointing inconvenience. What is so special about her? She is no more than skin, a weight to hold them all back.

She is keeping him from his full potential. All because they are in love.

Pathetic.

I see him kiss her as no one looks, his silent tears falling across her cheek delicately as they make it to the hospital and she is pulled away. And a thought occurs to me.

This could work.

I smile, dark, manipulative thoughts entering my mind.

This will work wonderfully.

He will be her undoing. Before she will become his. I will make sure of it.