16. shut your mouth, Princess.

(y/n)'s pov

Like a coward, I ran away from Anakin. I just left him standing there, isn't he middle of the room.

But I had to. I had to get away from him for a few seconds, to regain my thoughts. Having him close was dangerous, he made me feel all these things that I didn't want to feel. Things I have never even felt before. It was confusing, and annoying. He was insufferable.

I made my way down the halls, stopping when I was out of breath and alone. I leaned my head against the wall, closing my eyes as I thought about him. I know I left so that I could stop thinking about him, but how could I not?

How could I not think about him? He's infuriated, insufferable, egotistical, arrogant, rude, selfish. But he's also beautiful, and he is patient, he is relatable. He understands me.

No one has ever understood me before. No one has been able to bicker with me the way he has, even if his words hurt my feelings sometimes it's still nice to be that way with someone. To have someone who pushes your buttons, but makes up for it in other ways.

"What did I say about running away from me?" I heard his deep voice, opening my eyes to see him standing directly in front of me, both of his hands places on the wall as he trapped me between them.

He was so close that our noses barely touched, I could smell his vanilla scent, feel his warm breath fanning across my face. His blue, intoxicating eyes were staring right into my own. I was trying so hard to fight the urges I was feeling, trying so hard not to feel this way about him.

"Anakin, please," I pleaded, "You have to back up." I placed my hand on his chest, trying to push him away. But he was a brick wall, forever unmoving. I groaned, closing my eyes and letting my head tilt back on the wall.

Why are you doing this to me?

"Maybe I don't want to." He mumbled, I could feel his nose trace up my throat. His actions caused shivers to run all over my body, making me feel something I'd never felt before in the pit of my stomach.

I looked back to his eyes, tilting my head down so that we were face to face. His lips were right there. So pink and plump, so kissable. "We shouldn't be doing this." I fought against my urges some more, although my hand tightened on the fabric of his suit and completely contradicting my words.

"I know," He breathed, moving so that his body now pressed against my own, his hand moved from caging me in between them to one placing on my neck while the other was on my hip. "But I can't stop." He whispered.

"Anakin.. If you do this.. I don't know if I can come back from it." I admitted. I know who I am, a hopeless romantic. If he kissed me right now, I'd obsess over it. I'd obsess over him. It would cause nothing but a mess.

His eyes looked back to mine, "I don't know if could either." He responded, his thumb tracing the skin of my jaw. I whimpered at the contact, wanting more and handing myself because of it. His eyes flashed with something, his pupils dilating.

"We really shouldn't Anakin. We hate each other." I fought once more, feeling all of my fight dwindling.

"I don't hate you, (y/n)," He leaned in a little more, his lips almost grazing my own. "I feel everything else but that." He admitted. I closed my eyes, letting out a shaky breath before I opened them again to meet his eyes.

Screw it.

I closed the distance between us, placing my lips against his firmly. He inhaled deeply, his hands tightening on me. My hand slid up from where it was placed on his chest, wrapping around his neck as the kiss deepened. Our lips moved in sync, allowing me to feel the plump and sweetness of them against my own. He let out a strangled groan, his hand on my neck pulling my face closer to his as he started kissing me urgently.