Chapter 32 - Shen Jiu, the errand boy

It was very odd to meet this 12-year-old who looked a bit like himself. Like a lost cousin or something. The child looked thrilled and kept firing questions - Was Shen Yuan going to supervise him? - No, but he might watch - Was his character really going to die? - Yes, and the kid was under a NDA not to tell anyone - Was that Luo Binghe?!

Shen Yuan turned around expecting to see Xu Tengfei but no, it was Xu Xiaosi.

"Yes, that's young Luo Binghe," he said, his demeanor stiffer than before. Little Shen Jiu walked over to him.

"Mr. Binghe sir, please, can I get your autograph?" asked the boy.

Xiaosi smiled.

"Of course, shall I write it to my tiny shizun?"

"Oh no, make it to my real name!" asked the boy.

Xiaosi complied as Shen Yuan took the chance to make his escape as inconspicuous as he could. He got away, since he was called over by the director to start his scene. It was a short one, of himself fleeing. Very fitting.

When he was done, some 40 minutes later, he saw the two Binghes talking in hushed tones. He did a feeling check - nervousness and curiosity.

"Hey, kid," he called his younger self over, "can you go spy on the Binghes?"

"Oh, is this a test to check if I'm villain-y enough?" asked the boy.

"...Yes. Yes it is. Go make sure they don't see you and report back to me." Well, he had learned a thing or two from his character at least, like making young innocent people do his dirty work. He headed over to his trailer and sat down to drink some tea.

When someone knocked he made sure it was his young alter ego before opening.

"Mr. Shen, they're coming over! Little Binghe wants to make things right and big Binghe says he wants to supervise - did he try to make you kiss his girlfriend or something?"

Crap, now someone else knew. Bright idea, Shen Yuan, to trust sensitive information to a random kid.

"No, why would he? He just... he kind of made his girlfriend tell me something he didn't want to tell," he improvised, "so I got angry because he's a coward. Here, have some chocolate," he gave the boy a bar.

"Thanks! I think they're coming, should I tell them to fuck off?"

Shen Yuan grinned, he was a better ally than expected.

"That sounds great but-" he put his hand on the door so the boy didn't rush out and go yell at the Binghes, "it's best I get this over with. I'll let them in. If you can do me one last favour - go to the trailer that says 'Zhakharov' and yell fro'Qinghua get your gay ass to my trailer, I am being ambushed by two Binghes' and make it sound as much like me as possible."

The boys' eyes had a mischievous glint to them.

"Oh that sounds like fun. Just gay? Can't I say something more fun like cocksucker?"

"Please don't, the director might fire us both," he said sternly, though it was quite unlikely.

"Okay, I'll go with gay," muttered the boy and left with a sprint. Oh, to be young and have energy!

He had a breather to straighten his clothes before they knocked, he opened without looking. The two cousins were here.

"Shizun I'm very sorry to intrude but if you could just give us a moment - Xiaosi wanted to apologize, he's not going to try anything," there was a fretful tone to Xu Tengfei's speech, like fear. Why was he so scared?

"You can come in," he said, trying to reassure Xu Tengfei and not sparing Xiaosi even a glance. There was a brief break in which Shen Yuan sat down on his vanity, Xu Tengfei leaned against one of the walls leaving Xiaosi standing in the middle, facing Shen Yuan full on.