Chapter 20 - Avoid the wall

Working with Xu Xiaosi was surprisingly easy. The flashback was quick and painless to film, his chemistry with the young actor was intact. They worked effortlessly together, except for a few blunders on Shen Yuan's side, who kept looking away trying to figure out what the fuck was wrong with Xu Tengfei. He looked all serious and kind of angry watching them.

"Shizun, if you don't stop looking at him while you're with me I will be deeply wounded," said Xiaosi, making Shen Yuan's eyes return to his face.

"I'm just wondering what pissed him off," replied the man scratching his neck.

"Hm? He's not angry, just thoughtful. He looks kind of mean sometimes I suppose, but he's mostly nice."

"Mostly?"

"If you decide to like men, I'll explain," he teased returning to his place to reset the scene.

Shen Yuan glared and just went into his Shen Qingqiu mindset. No worrying needlessly.

"A demon isn't inherently bad, it's his choices that make him bad, just as humans can make bad choices. Some humans are worse than demons and some demons better than humans," he told young Binghe. He was pretty much condemning himself and his shitty choices. That would ultimately be his downfall as a scumbag villain, but it had to be done.

"I understand, shizun," Xiaosi looked serious and naive, like a puppy with glasses.Same energy at least.

When Shen Yuan looked up, Xu Tengfei's glare- no, thoughtful look, was still on them.

"Let's wrap this scene here and continue with the last one. Xu Tengfei, your hair needs a little fix. Xu Xiaosi, you're done for today," said the director, and turned to discuss something with the camerawoman.

Shen Yuan headed back to the catering table to get himself some water and maybe a snack. Before he'd even walked 3 meters, Airplane approached him.

"Did he really not try anything funny before?" he asked in a whisper.

"He did not, and if you write any more fanfics about this you're dead. I saw your profile where you ship me with both Binghes using stuff that happened on set," whispered Shen Yuan in a clipped tone. Airplane was just a slight nuisance though, his mind still replaying Xiaosi's words from before in a loop.

"Hey I'm not writing anything about the set, I'm innocent this time!" he whined, "but still, I was worried when I heard he was back since he used to approach you like that before, all while having a girlfriend."

"He said she knows and that it's a sort of weird ass open relationship. I don't care, I don't like any of this, I just want some peace. Also, if you're worried you shouldn't have made a bet to make me date him," he half growled.

"Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that. I thought a date with him might help you solve the communication problem, and maybe he was actually lying about having a girlfriend? You know, a beard situation. But whatever, if it's true we could change it to a date with someone else. Maybe Xu Tengfei or Zheng Fa?"

"Not everyone around me is gay! And I am not either, so quit it," they arrived at the table with the food, so Qinghua shut up briefly, looking around. Some people were watching them.

"I think there's a lot you don't realize," he said cryptically.

"I think you read too much gay porn," replied Shen Yuan not caring if anyone heard. He grabbed some iced tea instead of water and a few carrot sticks and headed to his trailer, leaving the shorter man behind.

"Shizun!" This time it was the elder Xu cousin calling, so he stopped and waited for him. His hair looked even bigger now, he was a huge ball of black fluff.