Vol. 1: From the Ground Up

Ayanokouji POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating nearby, which surprised even me. I normally wake up early on my own, but it seems like someone else was earlier and chose to call me for some reason.

I sat up and grabbed my phone as I thought of who could be calling me this early in the morning. Horikita? Nah, I don't think she wakes up this early? Matsushita? Hmm, I'm not sure about her but-

Class 1-D: 1 new message!

Oh, it wasn't a call at all. Someone sent me a message through the chat app here, but it doesn't seem like it was only send to me..... rather, it involves the whole class.

My curiosity growing by the second, I opened the chat box to see what's this about.

[Yosuke: I apologize if I'm bothering anyone this early in the morning, but Kushida-san and I talked about using this chatting app in our phones to create a group chat that involves everyone in class.

Hirata and Kushida..... they worked together on this, huh?

I'll give them credit. This is a step in the right direction for the class, because one of the most important factors in making a group work efficiently is communication. Creating a group chat for the class can greatly improve that.

Admittedly, I didn't think of making one when I stepped up to be the class leader, for obvious reasons.

[Kikyo:] I've heard from Ichinose-san in Class B that they already have a group chat of their own, so I figured that it would be good if we did it too. I told Hirata-kun about it last night and we made it together.

Ichinose? Now this caught my attention.

Does Kushida know her already? Or perhaps they met sometime in the past week? I'll have to ask Kushida this the next time we meet.

[Yosuke:] While I appreciate you telling me about this, Kushida-san, I believe you should have consulted Ayanokouji-kun first. He is our class leader, after all.

[Kikyo:] But he said he was going to sleep right away after we went to the arcade together. I didn't want to wake him up! (。•́︿•̀。)

Oh yeah, we went to the arcade in Keyaki Mall yesterday with Horikita. Lots of things happened there, but let's just say that Horikita now has one other person to call a 'friend' that's not me.

I decided to send a message to clear things up between Hirata and Kushida.

[Ayanokouji:] It's fine, Hirata. I actually think this is a good way for everyone to stay connected and updated with each other even when we're not in class.

[Yosuke:] I see. I'm glad that you like this arrangement, Ayanokouji-kun.

[Horikita:] ......what is this?

[Kikyo:] Good morning, Suzu-chan! ❤️

[Horikita:] Please do not call me by that name while we're in the presence of other people, Kushida-san.

I felt the urge to laugh, but nothing came out of my mouth. It's just amusing to see Horikita, someone who was nigh unapproachable on the first day of school, act like this. It's like watching a child making friends for the first time.

Perhaps Kushida can truly thaw the ice-cold demeanor of Horikita and make her into a more open individual.

[Kikyo:] Oops. Hehe. Well, to answer your question, me and Hirata-kun made this group chat for the class so we can message each other whenever we want!