Vol. 1: S-System

Third Person POV

Nobody dared to make a noise after their supposed teacher started to speak. Chabashira observed their reactions for a moment before she continued on.

Sae: I teach Japanese History. In this school, we don't change classrooms for each grade so we will be seeing each other a lot for the next three years. In that time, I hope to get to know all of you. Before we continue, I will distribute these student handbooks with more information about this school and its rules. Please read them carefully."

Chabashira then left a set of small books ar the students on the front row, who all passed it to the person behind them and so on. After everyone received their own copy of the handbook, they began to read through some of it.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing School was a completely different place from other Japanese high school. Here, the students were required to live in dormitories within the school's premises and contacting anyone outside of the school is forbidden. Leaving the school grounds is also forbidden.

On the other hand, with its sheer size, the campus was equipped with many facilities to cater to the needs and wants of the students. There was a mall, a theater, a park, and a cafe as one of the few places that it boasted. All in all, the whole school could be compared to a small city.

Sae: I will now hand out your student ID cards. With these ID cards, you'll be able to access the facilities in the campus. You'll also be able to utilize the usage of 'points'. Using points, you can purchase goods from a store, buy a ticket to a movie, eat at a restaurant, and so on. But I advise pay attention to the amount of points you spend. In this school, anything can be purchased using points."

As she explained how the ID cards worked, Chabashira walked around the room and personally distributed the student cards to their respective owners. Once Kiyotaka had received his, he picked it up and observed it closely.

Kiyo: I see what's happening here. Instead of using physical money, we'll be using points instead. They act like money around here, so we should be careful in spending just like any real currency.

Sae: Points are automatically distributed into your account on the first day of every month. You should all have received 100,000 points already. Keep in mind that 1 point is equivalent to 1 yen. That is all.

And with that, the classroom bursted into cheers.

Ike: We can buy anything with points?! This is the most awesome thing ever!

Yamauchi: Does this mean we can buy girls to be our girlfriends?

Satsuki: Ew, get your mind out of the clouds, you pervert!

Kei: 100,000 points every month?! Now this is more like it!

Sotomura: It feels like I've seen this scenario before...

Hirata: Now, now, everyone, let's all calm down and wait for Chabashira-sensei to finish speaking first.....

While everyone else was delighted at the concept of points as a currency, a certain individual had other thoughts regarding this system.

Kiyo: 100,000 points as a monthly allowance, huh? Assuming that 1 point is equal to 1 yen, there'd be a huge financial crisis in the country if 100,000 yen was given to each student here on a monthly basis. That's not even counting the upperclassmen and who knows how many students are there. There has to be a catch to this.

Sae: Shocked by the amount of points you're given? The school evaluates its students based on their talents. All of you have passed the entrance exams out of thousands of applicants, which already speaks of your value and potential. The amount of points you've received reflects your worth here. I may have advised you to spend your points wisely, but it's still up to you on how to use them. In the event that you don't wish to spend your points, you can transfer them to someone else. To prevent yourself from being scammed during a negotiation regarding points, you may create a written contract with the signature of both parties that are involved. That way, the negotiation will be seen as official and whoever doesn't follow it will be punished. Lastly, it is forbidden to extort points from your peers. The school monitors bullying very carefully.