Vol. 1: Becoming the Leader

Ayanokouji POV

As soon as Chabashira-sensei left the classroom, Hirata suddenly turned his gaze towards me and nodded for some reason.

While I was left curious on what Hirata meant by his gesture, he then stood up and clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

Hirata: Everyone, may I please have your attention?"

The entire class was completely silent after sensei had left, most likely because they didn't know what to do after what she told us. However, thanks to his social skills, Hirata was easily able to get everyone's attention. I wonder if I can be as good as him.

Hirata: I think now would be a perfect time for us to introduce ourselves to each other, don't you think? In order for us to act like a class that is united, we have to be familiar with each other.

Hirata is absolutely right.

I was only lucky that I managed to convince them to buy some vital information from Chabashira-sensei, mainly because they have no idea who I am and there's no sign of trust between us yet. Hirata, Kushida, and Horikita's support also helped tremendously.

By introducing ourselves to each other, we'll be one step closer to building trust between classmates so that we can stand as one united force against the other classes. Besides, isn't this a normal occurrence inside a classroom?

Hirata: Since this is my idea, I'll introduce myself first.

He flashed a gentle smile at everyone, which immediately gave off the feeling that he's a person whom you can rely on anytime. I have no qualms admitting that Hirata is handsome on his own, but I'm 100% sure that I'm straight.

Hirata: My name is Hirata Yosuke. Feel free to call me by my first name if you wish. I like to play soccer, and I'm planning to join the team as soon as an opportunity arrives.

He kept his introduction concise and straight to the point, before turning to the blonde girl who was sitting beside him. She tensed up for a brief moment, before smiling like nothing was wrong.

???: Hi! My name is Karuizawa Kei! I'm, like, totally into fashion and going to the mall with my friends. It's nice to meet you all!

As Karuizawa smiled, I noticed that her gaze was directly fixated to where I am. Assuming she's not staring at Horikita or Matsushita, she must have a concern regarding me then. Is she planning something?

I'll keep an eye out for her, in case she tries to do something. But I doubt that she has any malicious intentions in mind. I don't feel anything sinister from her smile.

One by one, every single one of my classmates introduced themselves as I took note of their names and the little description they gave about themselves. Some of them stood out among the rest.

Kushida: Hey, everyone! I'm Kushida Kikyo. I like to make friends and spend time with them! I think there's only one person from my junior high who managed to get here, but I'd love to get to know all of you as well! If you want to hang out, just tell me. I'll be there.

As expected of Kushida, her angelic appearance and voice won everyone over and many were cheering for her after she was done, especially the boys. I can't blame them for cheering honestly, their reactions to her are quite understandable.

For some reason, I am so tempted to walk over to where she was and pat her head. Is this the power of cuteness?

.

.

.

.

That's it.