George Russell; Need A Hand?

Start from the beginning

They parked up and sprinted into the store, grabbing a trolley on the way. The doors opened and they stepped into the cool breeze, letting out in tandem sighs of relief, the experience almost like ecstasy.
"Right, we will divide and conquer, you go sit in the cafe with a milkshake and a croissant, and I will go and do the shopping, yeah? Here's my card, I'll be back in an hour, love you!" And with that, George strode away, leaving (Y/N) frustrated that she couldn't help.

She ended up giving in and doing as he said, a couple of the patrons deciding to sit with her, having recognised her from telly, and apologised for intruding. "Honestly, it's no problem at all! My partner has disappeared and told me to relax here whilst he shops, so I'm happy for the company!" The people who sat with her were a young family, parents Damon and Melanie, with five year old sons Jack and Toby, so they were honestly no trouble.

"We usually do that, don't we, love?" Melanie said, watching the boys as they munched away. Damon nodded, pressing a kiss to his wife's cheek before pottering away with the trolley to do the shop. "The boys were the ones who actually spotted you, they love watching any kind of racing thanks to my dad, so they recognised you." Melanie said with a grin, shyly looking at (Y/N) as Toby was staring at her. "I'm sorry about them, they were so excited when we walked in, they escaped us!"

(Y/N) laughed, shaking her head. "It's no trouble, I love kids, and being recognised doesn't happen very often for me compared to my partner, so it's funny to me!" The boys had by then finished eating and Melanie had cleaned their faces, so they were excitedly trying to get their words out.

"Who's your favouwite?!"

"Have you drove a car?!"

"Gwandad says you're the best pundit with Cwofty!"

"Grandad also says that Ferrawi are bad at the moment, is that true?!"

The boys were identical, but the way that (Y/N) was able to make the distinction was that Jack, known as Jackie, couldn't pronounce the letter R very well. "Boys, calm down! Miss (L/N) has probably not been up for very long, take a second!"

The boys apologised but waited patiently for her answers, staring with their big blue eyes at her. "Okay, Toby's questions first!" She looked at him solely, so he knew she was paying attention. "I haven't driven a car yet, but it's on the to-do list at Spa, and tell your grandad that they'll get back to form once the break is over with!" She said with a little wink aimed at Melanie, who was videoing it to send to all the grandparents, before turning to Jack. "And Jackie, I'm not meant to have a favourite, but it's George Russell without issue, and tell your grandad thank you, I love Crofty and Jensen!"

The boys both giggled and moved to her sides, hugging her arms. (Y/N) ruffled their hair, Melanie spotting the diamond and sapphire ring on her left ring finger. "Congratulations!" She said, making the presenter blush. "That ring is beautiful! What's his name?" She pried, (Y/N) feeling her heart swell.

"His name is--"

"MUMMY! ITS GEORGE WUSSELL!" The boys screamed, seeing him approach the table. George saw their mother with an apologetic smile, his partner holding their hands to stop them running at him.

"Well, his name is George Russell!" (Y/N) laughed, seeing George crouch down to the kids levels, entertaining their questions.

"Mr Wussell, you're awesome!" Jack said, excitedly jumping up and down.

"Yeah! You and Lewis are the best!" Toby agreed, bouncing as well.

"Georgie!" (Y/N) said, catching his and the boys' attention. "These are Toby and Jack, and this lovely lady is their mum, Melanie."