|CHAPTER FIFTEEN|

*JAZMYN'S POV*
"Here are some flowers for you, my love. I hope you enjoy Daisies."

Mateo walked into my front door with a dozen of Daisies in his hand for me. He also has a small dozen of Roses for Melody.

"Thank you, Teo! I love them!"

Melody exclaimed, hugging his leg. He smiled and picked her up.

"No problem, my mini love."

"Thank you, Teo. These are so beautiful."

"Like you, my love."

Mateo and I have been hanging around each other for the last month.

He makes me feel... good.

Ever since I left Virginia, I was just feeling extremely depressed.

When I met Mateo on my birthday, everything managed to lighten up just a slight bit.

I really like Mateo, but he'll never amount to the love I have for Chris...

Oh yeah, and Janiah? She's been enjoying the time of her life with Kali.

"You know, we've been seeing each other for a little over a month, and you never really told me why you had to come here so suddenly yet."

"Well, let's just say... the guy that I had Melody with wasn't such a stand up guy, FAR from it. He didn't want to be in Melody's life, my parents kicked me out, so I ended up staying with one of my good friends for the last two years. Long story short, my baby daddy wasn't having it, he murdered my parents. If Melody and I stayed any longer, we would've been next."

After I explained all of that, Mateo looked at me in pure shock and sadness.

"Oh my god, my love. I am SO sorry to hear all of that, that must be very terrifying to go through."

"It is. I was supposed to become a famous female basketball player. That was my biggest dream for a long while, since I was a kid. But, when I had Melody, all of my plans changed. For the better, anyways. Melody is the best thing that has ever happened to me."

The both of us looked over at Melody, who was now sound asleep. We both smiled and then looked back at each other.

"You wouldn't ever wanna go back to following your dreams of becoming a basketball player?"

"I'm not really sure anymore. I mean, being a basketball player would be great. But being a mother is even better. I wouldn't trade this position for the world."

"Even though I'm not a father, I totally understand where you're coming from as a mother. You remind me of my mom when I was younger. She would do anything and everything just for me."

Mateo smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me down on his lap as he gently sat down on the bed.

"You're seriously such a sweet guy, Mateo. I never thought I would meet a guy like you. You have no asshole tendencies. You're just.. genuinely a sweetheart. I appreciate you being so kind to me and Melody, even though you just met us."

"No problem, my love. You're a really sweet girl, and so is Melody. Your baby father is a REAL piece of shit for putting you through all of this. You deserve nothing but the best."

All of this, but you're still nothing like Chris...

Yes, I said Mateo is different, and I DO like him. But he doesn't make me feel like Chris does. No one ever will.

Chris is one of a kind. And the fact that I'm missing out on all this time with him continues to crush my soul every single day he's not around.

"What are we doing today? Janiah's out with Kali, as always. It's just us and a sleeping Melody."

"I'm starting to think that your cousin is going to marry Kali. They're never leaving each other's sides. It's been like that since they've seen each other."

"Yeah, I've learned that Janiah gets attached very quickly. She had a huge crush on my best friend back home, but then all of this happened so they never got to jump into anything."

"What about you? You never had any boyfriend back home besides Melody's father?"

"No. It was just Trae. Everyone else were just friends."

I wasn't lying. Chris and I were never together, we just had massive feelings for each other.

And the way this is going, I'm not sure if we'll ever get a chance to be together..

"Interesting. I've had about only one girlfriend. When I fall in love, I fall in love hard. I like to give all of me to just one girl."

"I felt you on that one. I'm the same with a guy. I love hard and when I do, it's only with that one special person. Love is a beautiful thing when it's with the right person."

"I agree, my love. Why don't I cook you one of my favorite Puerto Rican dishes? It's a special one my mom would make just for me."

"Is it overly delicious?"

"Of course!"

"Then I won't deny some good food. Let's go."

I smiled as I got off Mateo's lap, him running to the kitchen.

Maybe having Mateo for some companionship for a while WONT kill me...