|CHAPTER SIX|

*JAZMYN'S POV*
"You really had to try out with him? Was he as cocky as I explained him to be?"

I questioned Trae as we were on the way home. He was telling me how the basketball tryouts went today at school.

And, of course, Chris and Dave were trying out for the team.

"Yeah, kinda. He calmed down a lot though once he seen the team captain. There was two other guys who were better than him, too. I believe Kyrie and Steph were their names."

"Of course. He always wants to act like the tough guy until he sees people who are on higher levels than him."

"So he really invited you to his party tonight? Are you going?"

"Hell no. I figured I would just have you and Cynthia over my house, and we can have our own little relaxing party."

"Relaxing party?"

"Yeah. You know; just the three of us.. relaxing.. chilling and watching movies.."

"You're cute. But yeah, I'm down for sure. I'll come over around seven thirty."

"Cool. I'll see you then."

I smiled, planting a small kiss on Trae's cheek before walking into my front door.

It just sucks. It was always me, Cynthia, and Mariah. But now that she's with Dave, she's barely around anymore.

It's like she totally forgot about us.

When I walked in the front door, I seen my mom sitting down with some girl at the kitchen table that I never seen before.

She seemed to be around my age.

"Hey, mom. Who's this?"

"Hey, baby! How was your first day of high school?"

"It was good. Once again, who's this?"

"Be patient, I'm getting to that. Jazmyn, this is your cousin from my side; Janiah. Janiah, this is my only child and your cousin; Jazmyn."

"Uh.. it's nice to meet you, Janiah.. but, why exactly are you here..? Not to be rude.."

"Jazmyn!"

"I said I'm not trying to be rude, mom!"

"No, it's okay, aunt Vicky. My mom, which is your aunt, got locked up for assaulting someone. And my dad was never around. So, your mom is taking custody of me, for the time being."

Janiah explained to me. I looked back and forth between her and my mother for a few seconds before starting to speak up.

"Oh, okay... cool. Well, not cool that your mom got arrested. But it's cool that you're staying here with us."

"Thanks...."

"Janiah is starting school tomorrow with you. Make her feel welcomed and introduce her to your friends and such."

"Will do, mom. By the way, Trae and Cynthia are coming over later. The freshman's are going to this party that Christopher is throwing, I'm not though."