Chapter 6: Secrets of the Night

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I know. I know," I glumly say, leaning against my staff.

Étoile pokes his head into view. Hey. I'm sure she'll be more lenient as time passes. He finishes his sentence with closed eyes, but the shift of his eyebrows show that he's giving a closed eye smile. Kind of cute like (Y/F/N). Hang on. Why am I thinking both Étoile and (Y/F/N) are cute? I have to stay focused on my lady.

"Hey guys!" a female voice swings in. I turn to face her. The lady that has captured my heart from the moment we first met.

"Hello, my lady," I say, giving a bow.

Hello, Ladybug. Étoile replies, giving a wave.

"What have you boys been talking about?"

"Nothing of importance! Nothing at all!" I blurt out.

"Chat, that was kind of suspicious. Almost as if it was important."

"Psh. Yeah, right. Let's just get on with patrol." Just like that I was off in my direction. I look behind to see both Ladybug and Étoile leave in their own directions. Gosh, I hope things don't blow up.

After about an hour of patrolling, we met back up at the top of the Eiffel Tower. "So, kitty. You mind telling me why you were so eager to head off to patrol?" Ladybug questions with a smug look.

"Like I said before, nothing wrong happened at all."

It really wasn't a big deal. I just opened up the mind channel when Chat was thinking about his day today.

"What?! Does that mean you know his identity now?! You must know now since Chat probably thought about names that gave you clues on who he is!" Ladybug screams, pacing back and forth. Dang it, Étoile! Look at what you did. Ladybug is surely gonna kill me.

Étoile stops Ladybug in her tracks and stares into her eyes. Ladybug, calm down. He's fine. He didn't think of any names at all. Not even his own name. He just thought about what he did in general. There were no clues as to who he is at all since it was just general thoughts of recalling what happened.

She begins to calm down and then looks at me. "Okay, okay. As long as his identity wasn't revealed, then it's all fine."

Yep. Nothing to worry about. Thank goodness he was able to reason with her. Doesn't really matter though since I know who both of you are under the mask.

There was a moment of pause before it registered to both me and Ladybug and we both turned to Étoile. Both me and Ladybug in unison exclaimed, "You know what?!".

Guys, calm down. It's the middle of the night and yes, I know both of your identities.

Oh crap! How does he know our identity?!

Ladybug's POV

How the heck does he know our identity?! What am I gonna tell Master Fu?! This is a disaster! I turned to Étoile, "How do you know both of our identities?! I don't think we said our names at all or gave any clues as to who we are!"

You guys didn't say who you are so don't worry about yourselves giving clues as to your civilian counterparts. I was just able to deduce it myself.

What if he's just lying so that we give up our identities? "How do I know you're not lying?"

I could take each of you to the side and tell you your identity and how I figured you out. Sounds good?

Oh my goodness... He might actually know both of our identities. I turn to Chat seeing what his response is and he's just speechless. Turning back to Étoile, "Umm, sure. Let's go with that."