Familiar Face

Lydia was stuck in an uneasy sleep. It had been three days now and still no Stiles. She kept dreaming about him over and over, some good and some bad. She was tossing and turning all over the bed sweating and out of breath.

"Lydia? Lydia."

She opened her eyes squinting at him. Her vision was blurry so she couldn't make out who it was. He set on the bed next her.

"It's me."

"Stiles?"her eyes widened.

"Yeah." he said looking down at his hands.

"Oh my God. Where have you been. It's been three days and everyone's been worried sick."

"Well I'm right here."

"No shit. I'm so glad you're ok."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For making you worry."

"It's ok, Stiles"

"Is my dad ok?"

"Yea about as much can be expected. Wait, Stiles have you not been home yet?"

"Nah, I can't go home yet." his voice still low never changing tones.

"What? No you have to go home."

"Lydia I'm in some trouble." Stiles confesses still with his head down.
"What kind of trouble?" she grabs ahold of his hands.

"I can't tell you, I wont drag you or anyone else into it."

"Then why'd you come here?"

"I needed to see a familiar face."

"Stiles....You haven't looked at me since you got here. Look at me."

"I cant, I'm different now."

"Show me how you're different."

"If you see then you'll hate me, and I can't take that right now."

"Stiles, I promise you nothing can make me hate you. Look at me, please." she gently put a hand on his chin and lifted his head. He went along with her. He lifted his head revealing two glowing blue eyes."Oh my God, Stiles."

"I told you." He dropped his head again.

"No." she lifted his head."Stiles, you're still beautiful. But why did you do it?"

"I did it." He paused. "For you. So I could protect you."

"What?"

"I love you, Lydia. I hated not being able to protect you, I hated having to wait for someone who can actually do something."

"That's beautiful, Stiles." she said kissing him before he could ruin the moment.

It was smooth and slow.
Lydia couldn't help but run her fingers through his hair. They pulled apart and stared into each others eyes.

"You look like you haven't slept in days."She spoke first.

"Because I haven't slep in days." he smiled.

"Lay with me." she moved over in bed.
"Nah I should probably go howl at the moon or something werewolf like." He smiled at her. She had missed him cracking jokes at the worst times.

"Please, I haven't slept in days either."

"Really, you know that's not healthy right. You should get some sleep."

"So should you. I can't sleep unless I know you're safe and how will i know unless you're here."

Stiles is convinced even though he doesn't know how all this happened. Lydia used to despise him. Now she's pleading for him to lay with her. He kicked off his shoes and slides in next to Lydia.