Ch.18

Warren looked to Grace and frowned. "Babe. What is it?" He asked as he pulled her close. "Talk to me. What is it?"

Grace smiled and shook her head. "It doesn't matter. Don't worry about it. I should go and check on Belle."

Warren shook his head. "She's asleep. You told me that. What's going on?"

"Nothing. Thought I had something to tell you. But I don't. So it doesn't matter."

Warren wasn't convinced. He watched as she walked into the bedroom. He needed to know what she was hiding from him.

***
The next morning, Grace woke in bed and sighed. Warren wasn't there. She left the bedroom and saw him sitting with Belle who was fast asleep. "What's going on?" She asked.

Warren smiled. "Nightmare. She may be fifteen. But she's always going to be my little girl."

Grace sat down and sighed. She looked to Warren. "I want to know who told her about Dolcie. And who told her that you hurt me," she said.

Warren looked to her. "I don't wanna know babe. I'll kill them. You go and get some more sleep. You're looking peaky."

"I'm okay. I'll go and make some breakfast. You go have a shower. You stink."

"Oh thanks."

Grace smiled and kissed him. She stood up and walked into the kitchen. She sighed as she started making some breakfast.

Grace knew how she needed to talk to Warren. But she was worried about how he was going to react.

***
Grace went over to her mum's. Warren had taken Belle out for the day. Sandy looked to her daughter. "You doing okay love? The accident must have been scary," she said.

Grace nodded. "I'm okay. I'm just shaken up. Could have been so much worse. I'm just lucky that Belle and I are okay."

Sandy smiled. "Yeah. Where is my granddaughter anyway? I miss her."

"She's with Warren. They're having father daughter bonding. You've really taken to her haven't you?"

Sandy nodded. "Well she told me about the life she had with her mum. I don't know if she told you. But her mum's boyfriend abused her. She told Joe who told me."

Grace frowned. She looked to her mum. "She never told me or Warren that. My poor girl. No wonder she was so worried about coming here. Honestly mum, I've never felt so protective."

Sandy smiled. "It's the mum in you. Do anything for your babies. You're all grown up. And I still would for you."

***
Warren was sitting in the club with Belle. She looked to him. "I'm glad I came here. I like being with you and Grace. She's a better mum than mine. How did you end up with her? My mum I mean. Not Grace."

Warren sighed and looked to her. "I was in a dark place. And she was there. You were literally the result of a one night stand. I didn't plan on kids. Then you came along and you changed my life. My beautiful Belle."

Belle smiled. "I'm glad you're my dad. There's no one else who would protect me more."

"Always angel."

***
Grace walked into the flat. She saw Warren. "Where's Belle?"

"Staying with your mum. Your mum asked. We need to talk."

"Do we?"

"Yeah. About you. And what you had to tell me," Warren said.

Grace looked to him and sighed. But how could she tell him?