Ch.13

Grace woke to the sound of laughing in the flat. She climbed out of her and sighed. She left the bedroom and saw Warren sitting there with Belle. She smiled. "Whats got you two all laughing at half past 6?" She asked.

Warren smiled. "I was just telling Belle how your mum caught me sneaking out your window. She thinks it's hilarious."

Grace sat with them and nodded. "She went mad. But it turned out okay. We've got this far and I haven't killed him yet."

Belle smiled. "I bet that's not been easy."

"It never is. But I love him. And we love you."

Belle smiled again. She sighed. "I should go and get ready for school. I have English today," she mumbled.

Warren pulled Grace into his arms and kissed her. "Thank you. For being there for her."

Grace kissed him again. She grinned. "We're a family. It's what we do isn't it? We're there for each other," she said as she looked into his eyes.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

***
Grace took Belle into school. She smiled and drove off once she saw the young girl was in the building.

Grace took a detour on the way back to the village. She stopped off at Dolcie's grave. She sat down and sighed. "Hey baby. It's mummy. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. You've got a big sister. And she would have loved you so much. Me and daddy haven't told her about you yet. But we will soon. We just have to help her. We all miss you so much baby girl. We won't ever forget you."

"Babe?"

Grace turned to see Warren. She smiled. "Hey. What are you doing here?" She asked as she loomed to him.

Warren smiled. "Figured I'd bring some flowers. I heard what you said. Belle would have loved her. She loved her dolls and her babies. Always asking for a sister."

Grace smiled and nodded. She sighed. "I miss her. I miss her little smiles. I miss everything about her."

"Me too babe. But we can have another. I know we can."

***
Grace went to see her mum. They always had a weekly day out. Sandy smiled. "How is it going with Belle? She's a lovely girl."

Grace nodded and smiled. "She really is. You wouldn't think she's been brought up by an addict. She really is perfect."

"Her mum was an addict?"

"Yeah. I told you."

Sandy nodded and smiled. She took her daughter's hand. "I'm proud of you. I shouldn't say this. But you're my favourite. You never cause any hassle. Apart from Warren Fox sneaking out your bedroom. But you are definitely my favourite."

Grace laughed and smiled. "Of course I am. I'm your only girl."

"You are. I sometimes wish I had another girl. But what can I do?" Sandy said as she looked to her.

"You don't need another one. You've got me."

***
Warren went to pick up Belle from school. She walked over to car and smiled. "Hi. Where's Grace?"

"She's with Sandy. She'll be back later on. We can go for pizza if you want," Warren said as he looked to her.

Belle nodded. She smiled. "Okay."

***
Grace was sitting in the flat. She looked up as Belle walked in. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Belle shook her head. "No. He's just beat someone up. He's a criminal. And I don't want to live here anymore," she sobbed.

"What?"

"He beat someone up. Something about drugs. I can't be around that," Belle sobbed.

Grace sighed. She pulled Belle into her arms. "Go and stay with my mum. I'll call her."

***
Grace was sitting on the sofa. The door opened and Warren walked in. He had blood on him. "Where's Belle?" He asked.

"With my mum. What the hell?! Drugs!"

Warren sighed. "We needed money. I wanted to make sure you both had the best. And I want Belle to love being here."

Grace shook her head. "She doesn't want to be here! She's at my mum's as she feels safe there. You beat someone up in front of her."

Warren took her hand. He sighed. "I'll make this right. I promise."

"Make sure you do Warren. I won't lose another daughter because of your criminal mind," Grace said as she turned and walked off.

Unaware of just how this was the start of a downfall for her and Warren.