Chapter 19 - Chunin Exams Part 4

Akari POV:

"WILL THE INDIVIDUALS whose name are listed on the board forward now...?" Hayate said.

Sasuke smirks. "So, straight of the bat huh?" He said to himself. I turn to look at him. "Don't loose, duckbutt." I said with a small smirk, the old nickname coming back. He looks at me with slight widen eyes before nodding. Naruto glares at him. "..Don't you dare lose now!! I want to fight you too!" Naruto declared, pointing at Sasuke. He nods and I grunt slightly in pain. "Kuso" I whisper, clutching the curse mark. 'The mark seems to respond to my Chakra. If I use my chakra carelessly, the mark will over take my psyche, calling upon and expending all of the power I have. If I activates I have to minimise the amount of power I can use or I will loose control... Damn you Orochimaru.!' I thought with a scowl. All the Genin go up to the railings, getting ready to watch the fight.

Sasuke and his opponent stand in front of each other at the bottom of the arena. Hayate stands in between them but to the side. "All right..." he said. He looked at both before nodding. "Please Begin!" He said, jumping back. Sasuke's opponent put up a handsign. "Shall I start?" He said. Sasuke smirks. "Go for it." He said arrogantly. I roll my eyes. His opponent's hand glows. I narrow my eyes. 'Either chakra scalpels or chakra absorption. Most likely the second one as he dosen't look like a medical ninja..' I hum. I look at Naruto and Sakura. "If Sasuke goes in on only Taijutsu, he has less chance of winning this match." I said, they look at me as I turn my attention back to the match. "Huh? Why would Sasuke loose he's one of our best Genins in the Konoha 9." Sakura said. "As good as Sasuke is he doesn't have a lot of experience in the battlefield. Yes we went on one A rank mission, but that could be tiny compared to how many missions his opponent might have taken that contained fighting an enemy. Sasuke is underestimating his opponent which will lead to his downfall." I said. Naruto looks at me confused. "But you said if he fights only Taijutsu he has a less chance of loosing."

"The odds are against Sasuke right now, this guy has a chakra absorption technique. Taijutsu would be effective but it's close range and it could make it easier to absorb his chakra. But if he fights with chakra it could also be dangerous cause if he uses it and his opponent manages to get in close range of him, it wouldn't take as long for his chakra to be fully absorbed. So naturally Sasuke is at a disadvantage unless he has something up his sleeve." I finalised. Naruto and Sakura look at me bewildered but nod in understanding.

"Good observation Akari-" I jump back as I didn't realize Kakashi was here. "AHH WHAT THE FU-" I shout before Sakura places a hand over my mouth. "Hey Sensei." She said with a wave. He does an eye smile back. I tap Sakura's arm to get her hand off my mouth, she lets go and I look at the match after lazily waving at Kakashi. I see Sasuke kick his opponent in the air. "What is that duckbutt doing.?" I said to myself. Sasuke looks roughed up. I guess he actually got Chakra absorbed from him. I widen my eyes. "Thats Rock Lee's Technique.! Sasuke must have copied it with his sharingan when they fought." I said. Kakashi looks suprised.

 Kakashi looks suprised