Chapter 2 - Team Selection

THE MORNING Of the team selection has finally arrived.

Akari POV:

Waking up and untangling myself from my bedsheets without struggle this time *cough* lies *cough*, I got undressed from my pyjamas and took a shower and dried my hair. I put on my Kunoichi uniform and grabbed a tomato from the fridge and a packed bento I bought from the market the other day. The biggest mistake I made was that I didn't check the time...

8:00am..

'AGAIN REALLY? IM 30 MINUTES LATE' I thought in panic.

I quickly lock the front door and rush to the windows of the hallway and hop out, I run across the rooftops making it to the academy after 5 minutes successfully avoiding the tree this time and rushed inside, I waved to the receptionist and ran to class, I slammed open the door, while falling on my face...

3RD PERSON POV:

Iruka was just about to start reading out the teams for the team selection. Until they hear a massive bang and everyone snaps their attention to the bang. They see Akari face-first on the floor holding a tomato in her hand, and a bento in the other.
Everyone sweatdrops or chuckles.. Akari just sighs.

~~~TIMESKIP~~~

Akari POV:

I was seated in between Naruto and Sakura while Sasuke kept giving me the side-eye. It was really annoying so I flashed my Sharingan at him and he flinched and turned his eyes back to Iruka. I hummed at this and tuned back in to what Iruka was saying.

"Team 7, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno-" Iruka was cut off by a cheer of happiness.
Naruto jumps out of his seat cheering while Sakura slumps down sulking.
"- Sasuke Uchiha-" Iruka grows a irk mark at another interruption.
Sakura cheers while Naruto slumps down, muttering under his breath.
"And finally, Akari Uchiha." Iruka says.
Sakura and Naruto just smile at me while Sasuke glares at me with hatred swimming in his eyes.
I sweatdrop.
'So not only do I have duckbutt on my team but a hot headed, hyperactive Jinchuuriki and a fan girl,' I noted, looking at Naruto then Sakura.
'Cute fan girl though so I'll take it.' I though.
'Sigh, just guess I'll get used to it..' I thought with a defeated expression on my face.

The bell finally rings and we all jump up, walking away with our new teammates for lunch... well most of us.

"HEY SAKURA-CHAN WANT TO EAT LUNCH WITH ME?" Naruto shouts to Sakura, grinning his 100-watt grin.
"I'm going to find Sasuke to eat lunch with him" Sakura says and walk away. Naruto slumps down in disappointment.

I walk up to Naruto  and give him a pat on the back.
"Maybe next time Naruto, we can still eat lunch together though." I say to the depressed blond.
"Alright, dattebayo" Naruto says.
"Dattebayo? Why do you say that?" I ask Naruto curiously.
"It's a verbal tic I have, it's weird isn't it" Naruto says.
"Not at all I remember my cousin used to know this Red-haired woman, Her name was Kushina and she has a similar verbal tic to you, apparently she used to say DATTEBANE and was called the Red-Hot Habanero." I say with my eyes sparkling.
"Wow she sounds so COOL!" Naruto says eyes sparkling.
"I know right! I wanna be just like her one day" I say.
Kushina Uzumaki, The Red Hot Habanero, The Red Death, 2nd Jinchuuriki to the Kyuubi no Yokoi. She sounds really cool, she has these cool chakra chains, she was a great shinobi and saved the village from the Kyuubi no Youko along with her Husband, Minato Namikaze, The Fourth Hokage, Konohas Yellow Flesh. As cool as the Fourth Hokage is, I admire his wife a lot more.

"Who do you admire, Naruto?" I ask while looking at him.
"Well, I admire all the Hokages but if I had to choose the one I admire the most, It would be the Fourth Hokage. HES SO AWESOME! He saved the village from the Nine Tailed Fox! (Kyuubi no Youko) and was said to have beaten 2000 shinobi from the 3rd Shinobi war in 10 seconds! HES TOTALLY AWESOME-ttebayo!" Naruto says in so much admiration l nearly as much as I have for Kushina.

While this conversation was happening we sat down at a bench and started eating lunch. I gave Naruto some Onigiri I had from my bento and he happily thanked me and ate it.

~~~Timeskip~~~

About 2 hours later every student has left the classroom in their teams and have met their Sensei. Well nearly every student.

"UGH HES SO LATE" Naruto complains banging his head on the table.
"He's 2 Hours Late! What sort of teacher will he be if he isn't responsible" Sakura whines.
I just sigh at their complaints while Sasuke sulking in a corner probably planning his revenge.

"THATS it! I'm done with waiting, I'm going to prank him" Naruto says , while getting a eraser from the whiteboard.
"Naruto! Don't do that! You will get in trouble. Get down from there! HEY!" Sakura grows a irk mark at Naruto, who is wedging an eraser in between the door frame and the door while balancing on a stool.
"Dobe, you really think he will fall for that? He's a Jonin" Sasuke says, being the emo he is.
"Yeah Naruto, just sit down!" Sakura may seem mad but on the inside I know she enjoys pranks like this.

3RD PERSON POV:

'SHANNAROO! THAT WILL TEACH HIM' Sakura thought in excitement.

See what I mean?