Chapter 13 - Zabuza and Haku

Akari POV:

FOR THE PAST FOUR days, I've been training every day improving mine and Sakura's Taijutsu as-well as Chakra enhanced Punches/kicks. And every night I train in manipulating my Mokuton. This morning, we are all going to the bridge to guard Tazuna. Last night Sasuke and Naruto came back and managed to fully climb the tree, Inari has a tantrum and Naruto declaring on how he will be a Hero. "Are you sure you will be fine, Kakashi?" Tsunami asked, concerned for Sensei's health. "Why? Am I walking funny, wonky even?" Kakashi asked, balancing on each foot. "I'm sure he's fine, Tsunami." I said, giving her a small smile before patting Kakashi's shoulder. I walk over and stand next to Sakura.

"Why isn't the dobe here?" Sasuke questioned. "He's suffering from Chakra exhaustion" Sakura said. I sigh before gesturing Tazuna to walk to the bridge. He complies and we all start moving. But somethings wrong, the bridge is clouded with Chakra-filled mist. "Zabuza is here." I warned the group. The mist cleared and we see Tazunas bridge workers unconscious. I walk ahead of the group and put 2 fingers on one of the workers necks. "Alive." I simply said. Tazuna breathed out a sigh of relief before we see 2 silhouettes in the distance, walking over. They reveal to be Zabuza and the Fake Hunter Nin.

"As I Said, your brat is sharp. Kakashi." Zabuza dryly stated. Zabuza summons 10 clones. Kakashi starts complimenting the team saying how they shouldn't underestimate them. Zabuza just looks disinterested. "Sasuke, Go!" Kakashi commands. Sasuke, being the little show off he is, smirks before rushing at the clones at top speed and stabbing them making them disappear. I just zone out at this point. 'So boring..'

Zoning back in, I see ice mirrors, and Kakashi and Zabuza are nowhere to be found. "Hey where is everyone?" I lean over to Sakura keeping my eyes on my ice mirrors. She looks at me with a Tick mark on her forehead, she punches the top of my head with a chakra enhanced fist. I crumble to the ground in a Human sized crater. Tazuna looks on with wide eyes. "WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE AND YOU'RE ZONING OUT?!" She shouted at me. Hearing the fighting pause. I lift my head up to see Kakashi and Zabuza in sight, Kunai and sword stopped in the air, looking at us with sweatdrops. I can practically feel Sasuke's disappointed aura from here. I flush in embarrassment and wave a hand. "Carry on" I said, letting my head fall back in my human shaped crater.

Silence continues for about 2 seconds before I hear clangs of metal hitting against each other. Sakura sighs before picking me up by the back of my collar. And I just hang in the air with her looking at me. "Don't just sit around, lazy" She said. I make an exaggerated offended face before crossing my arms and legs turning my head away with a 'humph' and mind you, she's still holding me midair like a cat. "Concentrate!" She said before gaining a scary look. I look confused and scared. "If you don't work your ass off guarding Tazuna with me I'll personally kick your ass all the way back to the leaf village! Ya hear me? SHANNARO!" She said, with a sadistic look on her face. I shiver and frantically nod before shooting up in a fighting stance. Tanto at the ready with an intense look in my eye. Naruto arrives after that and announces his entrance then Haku throws his Senbon after Zabuza tried to kill him with Shuriken and he walks into the ice mirrors yada yada yada..

Sakura POV:

Watching Akari shiver before shooting up in an intense stance is amusing to me, she must be scared. Don't know why. Looking down at the Akari shaped crater I sweatdrop.. looking back at Tazuna I see him looking a bit scared. Again, don't know why. "Sorry for the uhm, Akari crater in your bridge?" I said, smiling sheepishly. He just nods frantically with a aura of fear. 'This old hag must be scared of us. I mean we did make a mini hole in his bridge just by one punch.' Inner said. I hum in my thoughts. Hearing Zabuza chuckle menacingly and the metal clanging stopping. I feel a presence behind Tazuna, I look behind and see Zabuza with his sword halfway swinging down to behead the Bridge Builder. I go to try stop Zabuza but Akari beats me too it. I watch in slow motion as I see Akari push away the bridge builder before taking the hit. I watch as the sword hits the side of her abdomen, wedged in there.