A Rematch

It has been days since the encounter with Amhuluk - the blue Titan. And Godzilla.

I have been searching for Godzilla. My muscles are loose and fresh, and I am hungry for a fight.

I swim through a choppy, roaring sea, my head just peeking through the surface. As I swim, I hear many familiar sounds. I recognise them. Mosura, Rodan, Methuselah, Scylla. I can even hear Kong, hidden away in the depths of the Hollow Earth.
I continue my journey, determined to find Godzilla. I will make him bow.
I hear Godzilla. He's close. I keep swimming, my eyes narrowed. Godzilla has stolen my throne, and I will take it back. As I swim, I notice a dark shape. It's one of those containment buildings. I approach it, giving it a wide berth and staring into the wall of clear ice. There are humans inside. They're looking past me.
I swing around to see Godzilla himself, charging towards me. I meet his attack with my jaws, clamping down on his neck. I shake the huge Titan as he claws furiously at my scales. I shove him out of the water, then back in. I let go.
Godzilla slashes at my face with sharp claws. I dart underneath his belly and push Godzilla up to the surface again, slamming one huge paw into his torso. He's winded.
Godzilla retaliates with a fierce bite to my throat, dragging me upwards and forwards.
I claw, bite and slap Godzilla as he pulls me to...
A beach?
I stand up, relieved that Godzilla has let go. I lunge for the Titan, sending him staggering back with a heavy blow to his head. People are scattering around us.
I lunge again, clamping my jaws around Godzilla's neck and slamming him to the ground.
For the second time, I feel ice breath rising in my throat. I rear on my hind legs and pin Godzilla with both front paws. It's difficult. Godzilla is still much stronger than I remember.
Soon, the ice beam fires. Godzilla gets up just in time, but he is sent reeling by the impact of the ice. He shrieks. I think it hurts.
I leap at him again, claws outstretched. I see his dorsal plates glowing and his jaws opening. The burning atomic ray fires from his mouth. I retaliate with an ice beam.
Both beams clash, fighting unimaginable heat with unbearable cold.
I take a few steps forwards, bearing down on Godzilla. I rear up on my hind legs, the ice beam shooting through atomic ray and slamming Godzilla straight in his face. He stumbles and falls.
I stop. I've won this fight. But this is not the last. Godzilla is on his feet in moments.
I snort and turn away, padding slowly into the sea.

I still have the marks of Godzilla's teeth on my throat. They're bleeding. It hurts.
I'm back in Antarctica. Away from Godzilla, for now.
I limp through a haze of snow and hail. I can hear the whir of aircraft propellers trailing me like a kestrel hovering above its prey.
I lash my tail. I don't want them here. They have no business with me. They don't leave. They keep following me.
I stand up, reaching their height. They scatter. I continue to walk normally, my rough scale frosting over. I curl up against a blackened stone mountain, snow rolling from its peak. I rest my head on both front paws.
The bite on my throat hurts again.
It's bleeding, staining the white snow crimson.
Have I begun an eternal war, or just a few petty skirmishes?
Perhaps peace can be achieved.
Mosura and Godzilla did it. They rule together.
Perhaps, so can I.