thirty five

Luke.

"And you can't go past this point" I told Noah once we got to the restricted area, myself honestly thankful because the walk had been quite awkward since the kiss.

Noah hugged her tightly

"I'll see you soon, okay?" He spoke to her.

"I love you" she told him, getting another hug immediately

"I love you too, you're going to do great."

And with that, we went in.

"Oh Montana" I laughed as we got her into the OR, her own body looking to me with a smile, I thanked God she wasn't panicking.

"What?" She laughed to me.

"You had quite a soap opera moment in the hallway" I laughed, catching Ashton and Michael's attention as they appeared scrubbed in and ready.

"I can't wait to hear about this" Ashton laughed out.

We moved her to the operation table, I told her that Ashton was going to get her ready as I scrubbed in, which worked.

I did as said, immediately getting suited up and ready.

I walked in to head the whole room laughing, but she was completely prepped and ready

"Someone's sedatives are making her spill secrets" michael laughed loudly as she continued to laugh, her stomach exposed and her hands extended outwards and held down gently, which was required for surgery.

"Are you ready, lovebug?" I asked her, seeing her eyes meet with mine.

She exhaled, laughing lightly

"Never been more ready." She told me.

"Okay, you can start giving her the medicine" I nodded to her anesthesiologist.

"Any last words, this is going to knock you out pretty quickly?" I asked her, noticing she was calm, her pulse even confirmed that.

She exhaled lightly

"Thank you for teaching me that not all doctors are bad" she spoke quietly.

"Thank you for believing me" I told her back immediately, seeing her smile as she looked to me.

"I'll see you when I wake up- make sure you save at least one of my baby making parts." She spoke, making us all laugh in unison.

"We will see you when you wake up." I laughed I'm agreement, nodding to the anesthesiologist to put the mask on, which he did.

We all waited in silence, watching her eyes blink, my own hand holding her own for a little extra support before she completely gave into the drug, going limp.

"Okay you guys" Ashton spoke with a firm nod.

"Let's get our girl one step closer to being cancer free"

Montana.

I woke up feeling weird and displaced.

I was cold.
I could hear my monitor obnoxiously beeping in sync with my heart.

I suddenly heard Luke
"Everything went absolutely amazing, we got the whole tumor, no sign of any other cancerous cells. Now we just have to finish her chemo, get her through stem cells and we will be done."  Luke talked quietly.

"Thank God" I heard Noah's voice speak.

I opened my eyes- seeing the two of them.

"I know Austin would like to see her, so I'll let him know-" "I'd rather you not" Noah spoke, making me immediately confused.

I was already feeling weird and having trouble seeing one solid thing- I could see two Luke's and maybe four Noah's, which I knew was just the medicine.

"I just- I'd like her distanced from him. I know how sick he is and I don't think her getting close to someone who most likely isn't going to get better is going to help her get over this, at all." He spoke.

I couldn't speak

But if I could've, it would've been strictly cuss words.

"Noah- I understand, but it's not our place to separate them. They are already extremely attached to each other and Austin also has a very good chance of getting better- I don't think it's the right decision to separate them." Luke spoke, my blinks were so heavy, but I needed to hear this.

"Maybe I could just-" it all faded out into silence

I felt the familiar feeling again.
My fingers were tingling, making me squeeze my hand into a fist.

I could hear quiet hums from Luke, which I absolutely loved.

I opened my eyes- seeing that the room was being kept dark outside of a small lamp in the corner being on and the sun leaking from around the blinds.

Luke had yet to notice that I was awake and Noah was no where to be seen, which honestly made me happy.

I cleared my throat, which caught Luke's attention, am immediate smile coming to his face.

"Surgery went great, tana" he told me, making me smile.

"I know" I told him, making him laugh as he brought a cup with a straw to my mouth, making me sip.

"How do you know?" He asked me once I was done.

"I heard you talking to Noah" I told him, seeing him nod.

"So you heard-" "his jealousy of Austin? Yeah" I mumbled, making him nod slowly.

"He will get over it" Luke told me with a smile.

"How do you feel?" Luke then asked me.

"Weird" I answered, feeling as if I was floating almost.

"You're probably still a little high." He spoke, looking to his watch before back to me.

"I'm going to let you wake up a little more and then we have to go on a short walk, I don't want you to end up with blood clots." He told me firmly.

"Where's Noah?" I asked, rubbing my eyes gently.

"The cafeteria" he answered, making me nod

"I could really go for a milkshake" I spoke, hearing him laugh immediately

"I can definitely get you a milkshake once I know that you can drink it without throwing up"