twenty three

"Tana I'm so sorry" Noah spoke to her as I held her, letting her body crawl in bed before I covered her up.

"I'm going to set a new rule that you can't be around me when I'm sick." She mumbled, keeping her eyes completely shut as she laid down.

"I'd understand why." He admitted, sitting on the couch as he did.

"Do you feel sick?" I asked her calmly, hearing her whine.

"I honestly feel horrible." She admitted.

I kept throw up pans closer to her, making sure she knew where they were.

Poor Calum was coming into a probably pretty shitty shift.

"Can I get you anything before I leave today?" I asked her like always.

"A hug" she mumbled

I hugged her tightly, pulling away to look to her after a moment.

"I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

Montana.

I woke up to someone rubbing my shoulder.

I was sweating.

"Hey" Austin's voice whispered, the sound of Noah's snores filling the room.

"Hey" I mumbled.

"Up for midnight snacks, or no?"

Not for the snacks exactly, but the company for sure.

I nodded, sitting up- immediately getting dizzy but ignoring it.

"I got a wheelchair, because I know I hate walking after chemo-" "thank you" I smiled to him as he took my hands, helping me into the wheelchair, which he immediately started pushing.

We went to our normal spot, myself not getting any food, but he chose chips.

"You're flushed" he spoke after several minutes of it just being quiet, his hands touching my cheeks gently.

"I'm freezing." I told him, seeing a confused expression move across his face before he stood.

"What are we doing?" I asked him as he immediately started pushing me.

"Going to find Calum, I think you're running fever"

In less than five minutes we found him and he immediately checked my temperature, confirming that I had a fever.

He gave me a medicine to take by mouth before we all sat in what he told us was Luke's office afterwards.

Austin.

Her body leaned against mine as we sat on a couch in Luke's office, listening to Calum tell us about a trail he was started, trying to find the cure for cancer.

I ran my fingers through Montana's hair, watching her facial expressions as her and Calum talked science.

She was so educated.

"Damn, what grade did you say you were in again?" He asked quickly.

"This is supposed to be my senior year" she spoke quietly

"I swear when I was a senior in highschool, I wouldn't have understood a single word that you just said" he smiled, seeming genuinely shocked.

"Have you thought about going into medicine?" He asked her, her body shrugging.

"Haven't really thought about anything besides cancer the past few months."

Just as she said that, I felt a small clump of hair fall out and into my hand.

I didn't bring any attention to it, I threw it further away from her, praying she didn't catch on, but I immediately stopped playing her hair.

"You guys should really get some sleep, Montana has a long day tomorrow and Austin, you have chemo" he reminded us, making me internally groan.

I walked her back to her room, seeing her smile as we stopped outside of her room.

"See you tomorrow?" She asked me.

We probably wouldn't, scan days were always the worst and busiest.

"I will certainly try to sneak into your scans" I smiled to her, seeing her smile.

He picked her fist up yet again, motioning towards a fist bump.

I completed it, making her laugh

"Goodnight, Hannah Montana" I smiled as she turned to walk away, myself doing the same.

"Goodnight Austin"