twenty two

The rest of the day my anxiety was on an all time high and my nerves were shot.

I continued to remind myself to not even stress about it until tomorrow, but I couldn't help but stress.

I was taking a bath, trying to figure out anyway to relax myself, but was still failing

"Montana?" I heard Luke's voice outside the door.

"Yeah?" I asked quietly.

"You have chemo in about twenty minutes" he reminded me.

"Thank you" I told him calmly.

Noah had been giving me time warnings, which I ignored.

I got out, drying off and braiding my wet hair quickly before throwing on biker shorts and a t shirt that I was sure was Noah's.

I put on socks before opening the door, joining Noah- who was ecstatic about his new job.

"When do you start?" I asked him calmly.

"They told me in order to get the position- I had to start tomorrow so I start tomorrow night." He spoke.

"Good" I tried to be happy, but I already knew tomorrow was going to be a rough day and even worse since he was going to leave me.

"So Luke told me about a transvaginal echo" he mentioned slowly.

I nodded

"That you agreed to?" He spoke slower.

"I'd rather do that then them cut me open not knowing what they're dealing with." I spoke quietly.

"I'm proud of you." Noah spoke firmly.

"That was a very mature decision you made, and you'll have plenty of people supporting you-" "I don't really want to talk about it." I tried my hardest to be polite, but I could tell he wasn't the happiest with what I said.

But he just simply nodded.

Soon Ashton led us to the normal chemo place, where I immediately sat in the chair that Luke was stationed at, setting up his supples.

"Hi" he smiled to me.

"Hi" I responded.

"No poke, okay? You're just going to feel the same cold rush." He spoke as he put his gloves on.

"Okay." I nodded to him.

I didn't watch as he connected everything, but I immediately felt the cold rush and felt him holding my arm in his hands.

"Now we wait like always."

Just as I started feeling sick, Austin joined us.

"You could've woke me up to come be with you-" "I didn't want to bother you, I know how good the after chemo naps are." I spoke to him, seeing him smile.

I listened to him talk as I suddenly felt an unfamiliar feeling for this early.

My throat was getting hot, I felt a lot of saliva suddenly forming in my mouth.

"Luke" I interrupted everyone's conversation

"I'm gonna puke."

He barely got a bucket to me in time, which I immediately threw up in.

I heard Noah arguing for a second- but I couldn't even pay attention to what he was saying

Just as I felt a bit relieved, I suddenly heard a gag and then felt a substance hit me

Luke

I watched as Austin grabbed her hair quickly, myself getting a puke bucket to her just in time.

"I got her" I heard Noah speak firmly to Austin, trying to take her hair from him.

"No- it's okay, I got her. I know you have a weak stomach." Austin spoke back to him, rubbing her back as I wiped her mouth, trying to figure out if she was finished or not.

"Bro I'm sorry but she doesn't need you here all the time-" he cut himself off with a sudden gag once he heard her throw up yet again.

And before I could even get out the words to tell him to step away- he almost projectile vomited, most of it hitting Montana.

Montana instantly threw up again, I paged Ashton quicker than ever and Austin stared at what just happened in utter disbelief.

As soon as Montana could finish throwing up- she was immediately sobbing, asking why the fuck he threw up on her- which was a valid question.

Noah was at a trash can, finishing what he had started.

"There's fucking throw up on me!" Montana sobbed, austin immediately grabbing a rag and trying to wipe it off of her, but I knew- it would only smear.

"Tana, I'm going to carry you to the shower, okay?" I spoke calmly to her.

She gave me a firm nod.

I made Austin hold all of the chemo supplies, knowing she wasn't done yet, but knowing I wasn't making her sit like that through the next fifteen minutes of it.

Ashton met us in a hallway on the way to Montana's room, his face showing that he was confused.

"Page the cleaning crew to the chemo room, please bring Noah an anti nausea pill." I spoke, seeing realization hit his face.

"And then come to Montana's room, I'm sure I'll need your help" I told him.

I set Montana in her shower, seeing her immediately grab the walls- her body swaying,

"I'm going to page a nurse to come help you-" "no, let me do it alone please" she whined out.

"Tana, you can barely stand." I spoke to her firmly as I took the stuff from Austin, making sure everything was still working.

"Okay- get a nurse but a girl." She cried out.

After paging every girl nurse on staff, I was informed- only male nurses were available at the moment.

When I told Montana that- she broke down crying worse than I've ever seen her.

"Please don't make me shower with a guy I don't know in here" she sobbed, making me immediately calm her, telling Austin to go to his room for a little while so she can actually relax.

"How about this" I proposed slowly.

"I'll stay with you, I'll keep my head turned and I'll just hold you as much as you need me." I told her calmly.

"Anything but a random guy." She nodded firmly.

So that's what we did.

I kept my head faced away from her the entire time, I held her arm firmly, giving her extra support when I felt her stumble.

Just as she got out of the shower and wrapped in a towel- she was puking again, but her chemo was done.

"It's hitting you hard today." I spoke a fact, rubbing her shoulders as she gagged, just as Ashton entered cautiously.

"Can you please grab her some clothes?" I asked him, which he didn't even hesitate to do.

I wiped her mouth as she finished throwing up, myself helping her stand, herself holding the towel tightly to her body.

Once she was dressed, she told me that I was good to look at her as she brushed her teeth

"How the fuck did Noah throw up on me? He wasn't even the one getting chemo"

He was too busy being jealous over his little girl being taken care of by another guy