"I think so."

"I know everyone's been so focused on Harry," Ginny said, "but it's okay not to be okay Draco, you know that, don't you?"

He was quiet for a second before letting his head rest on hers.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"Scared?" Ginny laughed lightly, "Darling, I'm practically bricking myself—I'm bloody terrified."

"I am too," Draco admitted with a whisper.

"You can talk to me you know," Ginny said, "it's nice to get it all out sometimes."

"Harry's my stability." Draco said, "for two years now. He's been there for me and I just—I can't lose him."

"What was it like?" Ginny prompted, "growing up at your house?"

"It was great up until I was twelve," Draco said, "that's when my father became aggressive. I'm not sure what caused it, but one day he was taking me out to plays and quidditch matches and the next he was shoving my mother down the staircase. I was on high alert every second I was home and once I got to Severus's, it took ages for me to finally convince myself that I was safe."

"And then Harry—"

Draco nodded. "Then Harry. You know, if you would've told me before all of that happened that Harry Potter would be the person I'd do life with, I would've fucking laughed my arse off."

"If you would've told me that Draco Malfoy would be one of my best mates—I would've laughed my arse off," Ginny mused.

"We are best mates, aren't we," Draco chuckled.

"We are," Ginny said, "you're stuck with me Malfoy."

Draco pulled away and looked at her laughing.

Ginny smiled back at him, her brown eyes wide with amusement.

"We're going to be proper mad by the end of the summer, you know that?" Draco said, looking around at their barren surroundings.

"Oh, definitely," Ginny giggled.

>•<

"What's this game again?" Ron asked, sorting through the cards in his hands with utter confusion.

"Cluedo," Hermione scowled, "were you not listening at all when I was explaining the rules?"

"You weren't even speaking English!" Ron protested.

"Just learn as we go," Harry said, picking up the green piece, "I'll be this one."

"Reverend Green," Hermione said, picking her own piece, "I'm Professor Plum."

"I'm the red lady," Ginny said, "what's her name? Wait...I have it here. Miss Scarlett."

Draco grabbed the white piece, Ron the blue and the twins, who were playing as a team, claimed the yellow one.

A half hour later Ron did end up with a basic understanding of how the game worked.

An hour later, the seven of them were screaming about deception.

"It was you?" Fred shrieked, "dear sister, how could you?"

"You all suck at this game." Ginny grinned, "I am superior."

"Our little sister is a murderer." George pretended to faint.

"I'm the best fucking detective too," Ginny gloated.

"Does it even count if you were investing your own crime?" Ron threw his cards down onto the board, "I don't like this game."

"How could it have been you?" Hermione was going over her lists, "I have Scarlett checked off...how...?"

"Ginny messed with your card when you went to the bathroom," Harry said.

"Harold!" Ginny gasped. "How dare you?"

"Ginny!" Hermione looked appalled, "that's cheating!"

"I did what I had to do to win!" Ginny shouted. "I will not apologize for doing what had to be done."

"What the hell are you all doing?" The door opened and Sirius appeared looking dead on his feet in his bathrobe, "it's three am."

"Time is nothing but an abstract concept," George informed him.

"Why follow a predetermined expectation of days and nights when all we can do are roam these corridors?" Fred added.

"Oh, I don't know," Sirius scoffed, "maybe because you're all fucking people and not nocturnal wallabies?"

"Are wallabies nocturnal?" Harry asked.

"What the fuck is a wallaby?" Draco asked.

"I don't know, just go to bed," Sirius grumbled, leaving them alone once again.

"Seriously—what is a wallaby?"