Consequences

You two thought the same. There would be no need for such a drama if you simply told him about your conversation with the richest Harbinger.

Maybe it was your stubborn persona, maybe just an act of protest against the man who forced his ideals on you..

but why did you try to get back to him earlier. So desperate and weak like a child who lost its parents.

Your intention was never to accept the offer, however.. how would Scaramouche know that. Deep down he still thought you were looking for the perfect chance to escape the strings that pierced through your body.

And maybe you tried.. even so... every time you made the slightest progress he tightened those strings showing you that it was impossible to escape him.

One day you will hang on those god damn strings like a lifeless puppet.

"I am waiting, ...where is your helping hand?" You looked up to him. His arms were resting on both sides of his hips.

"I want you to be my helping hand" was this what you wanted to say, however instead you rolled your eyes and tried to stand up on your own.

Your legs forced you back down. By now the mass was laughing at you. You clenched your teeth ignoring the humiliation you had to live through.

Scaramouche exactly knew that Pantalone wouldn't interrupt him. To win a fight against him would be way too easy and Pantalone was aware of the strength difference between them.

He was just standing somewhere watching the 'show' from afar. Pantalone was amused that you weren't crying in this situation nor losing your mind completely.

"Pls help me up." You hissed.

"I, help you?" Don't you think I am the wrong person to ever help someone." Exactly, he was the wrong one to ask for anything. He would rather die than reach out a helping hand if it was for the sake of others.

In first place you had problems understanding why he was acting like this, you did nothing wrong.. just kept unnecessary information for yourself.

You felt a warm touch on your shoulder. One of the guest was so kind and helped you up. "Is everything okay?" The young person asked.

"Yeah" you whispered staring back at Scaramouche who haven't moved nor stopped looking at you. Was he even thinking right now? Seemed as if he was absent-minded.

Everyone slowly returned to what they were doing before. The guest helped you to a sofa where you took a rest. Never ever would you do the same mistake you did today..

In the end you knew that you would return with that guy 'home' where he could do whatever he desired.

Actually you noticed today that not even people stopped him.

It didn't take a long time till he joined you. "What now? I want to leave but you can't walk. Maybe I should drag you across the floor back to the hotel room."

"And then?" What then, what would even happen.. you would wake up the next day and live~ If you even can call this living. Existing would fit more.
You are lost. Alone in a room full of people.

Empty.

But there was a small sparkle of an unknown feeling settled in between those hopeless cages.. but who said that it won't be another cage created by your heart.

The heart always sets up foolish beliefs that break you in the end.

Can someone who is broken even break more?