Family reunion

The Lucky One- cap 6- Family Reunion

The three of them ran to see what had happened to Claire, when they came across the girl crying, hiding her head on her knees, with a circle of sodden sheets around her.

– Hey, sweetie, what happened?

– I... I peed before bed, I don't know why this keeps happening... I'm sorry, ma... Andrea, if you want to give me back I'll understand.– the girl said, crying again.

Andrea and Taylor looked at each other, heartbroken, and approached the girl, who was sobbing while clutching the doll.

–Claire, look at me.– Andrea asked, which she reluctantly did.

– I will never give you back, whatever the reason.  These accidents at night happen to several children, and on Monday mom will look for someone to help you with that, ok?

Eventually the sobs became sniffles.

– I ruined the bed– she said, looking around.

– No, it didn't, Claire.  Why don't you go with our mother to change out of these wet pajamas for a clean one while Joe helps me change this bed?– Taylor asked her little sister, running the fingers through her hair, trying her best to comfort her.

The child looked at her with red eyes and nodded.

Andrea whispered a 'thank you' to Taylor and carried the little one and a clean pair of clothes into the bathroom.

Joe and Taylor quickly threw the sheet into the laundry basket and changed the bed, and by the time Andrea finished changing Claire the bed was dry again.

– Ready, young lady.  Now let's go to sleep.

Very tired, she barely mumbled good night before falling asleep.

"Poor kid." Andrea sighed as she closed the bedroom door.
– This adjustment period won't be easy for her.– she said looking at Taylor and Joe in the hallway.
Taylor agreed and let her Head fall over Joe's shoulders.
– Mom, speaking of adaptation.  Next year we're probably going to have a whole year of touring.  What are we going to do with her?– Taylor sighed.
– I can take her with me.  – She said with simplicity.
– But what about the media?  Do you have any idea how much hell they could turn her life into?
– Don't worry, honey, we'll be able to keep her away from the cameras.

[...]

Andrea opened her eyes and smiled widely as she realized that Claire had her little arms around her.

Rising carefully so as not to wake her, the matriarch changed and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.  Austin would be arriving any minute since the message in her cellphone showed the driver was already on his way to the airport to pick him up.

In record time, Andrea made waffles and scrambled eggs, coffee and orange juice, laying them all out on the table. It was barely over and she was about to call Taylor and Joe down when the doorbell rang.

– Austin, honey, how long?!  Andrea hugged him tight and kissed him on the cheek.

– Too long, mom.  And it looks like I arrived just in time for breakfast.

– Yes sir, go put that suitcase in your room, wash your hands and go downstairs.  I'll wake up Taylor.

The boy nodded, and Andrea knocked on Taylor's door.

– Darlings, breakfast on the table, come down.

Andrea came downstairs and sat at the table with Austin seconds before Joe and Taylor appeared.