Talent and Trauma

Chapter 7- Talent and Trauma 

Monday 

Taylor's mansion: 

8:30 am in the morning and Joe wasn't feeling well at all. 

He was trying his best to watch Claire at Taylor's mansion while Andrea and Taylor were at 13 Management, but his sleepy state wasn't helping. Neither Taylor or Joe slept well at night, since she was really nervous about the meeting that morning, tossing and turning in the bed all night. They only slept when the clock already showed 3am, despite being in bed since 11pm. 

Joe knew Taylor enough already to tell she loved being in control of everything related to her work, but not in a rude way, she cared and listened about others opinions, respecting and trusting in their Jobs. And when it comes to album aesthetics ideas, decisions are group made. That's why Joe couldn't help but be concerned about reputation being rejected by Record Label, since it was a beautiful but ambitious project and her career was in such a delicate place due to the canceling situation. 

Claire, without any concerns, was laughing hard on the floor, playing with Mer and Olívia. The cats seemed to like her. Even Mer, who usually hates people, let the kid pet her ears. 

– Uncle Joe, do you mind if we watch some TV? 

– 'Course not, baby. What do you want to watch? 

– Cartoons! 

The blonde man put on Cartoon Network, and yawned. 

– Thanks uncle Joey.– She said, still hugging Olívia. 

Joe took a deep breath.

Since he couldn't sleep and was still early in the morning, he grabbed his phone and started to watch old Taylor's performances while keeping an eye on Claire. 

Hearing his girlfriend singing always calms his nerves. Reflecting on her ability to show her own emotions through the performances, the man smiled. This is what amazed him the most. She could be an excellent actress. 

Scrolling along YouTube, he found a video of Taylor singing Blank Space acoustically, on piano. 

The sound captured Claire's attention,who immediately let off the cats and sat next to Joe. Usually she would have sung along, but this time she stayed quiet, with her eyes closed, capturing the melody. Foot by foot, she got up and went to the music room Taylor showed her before leaving that morning. 

Wishing Joe was distracted enough to not listen to her, she sat in front of that giant instrument, and imagined she was Taylor, playing at a concert. 

It took a few minutes before she could find the right tune, but eventually she found out, and let her fingers play the song, and quietly Claire started to sing along with the melody. 

Nice to meet you, where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought

"Oh, my God, look at that face

You look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play?" Ay

Joe listened to the first notes and got impressed, so he decided to grab the camera and follow the sound until the music room, where he recorded Claire singing Blank Space with semi-closed eyes, without any sheet music to help. 

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny? Rumors fly