Happy New Year, Happy New Life

AN: Ok guys, we made it! Here we are on the last chapter of the lucky one. I'm planning a second season but for now I'll be writing only my new Jaylor fanfic, Heartbeat, that you'll find on my profile. At the end of this chapter you'll see the sinopsis.
Before I let you read what I've written for this final chapter, let me just thank you guys. I wouldn't  written any of this if you don't had manifested your interest in my storie. Thank you, for the bottom of my heart.
Now, enjoy one last time the adventures of this family.

The Lucky one chapter 35- Happy New Year, Happy New Life! 

December 31st

The Sun barely appeared in the horizon and found Taylor and Joe wrapped around a blanket in a cabin in the woods next to New York City. They wanted a day of privacy before Austin, Scott, and Joe's family joined Claire, Andrea and all Taylor's friends at the New Year's Day party, so Joe rented this cabin for them. 

– Thanks for this magic night, babe.– Taylor whispered at him, letting her head buried in his neck, appreciating his scent. 

– You don't have to thank me, Tay. I'm the one who should thank you forever and ever for wanting to love me. We are stuck together forever. 

– We are.– she smiled and pecked his lips, and then turned her head for the woods, where the snow formed a white carpet. Everything was so beautiful…

– Is it bad that I want to stay here all day and skip my own party? 

Joe chuckles.

– I get what you are talking about. This peaceful moment is so special that we want it to last forever. 

But, we can't do this today babe. At this point my family is there already, so our families are waiting for us. 

– I know. In a few minutes lots of confettis will be delivered, as well as the glasses, glittery stuff, hats, scarfs… Mom and Lizzie will need some help. 

He gives her a nod and lets a peck in her lips. 

– Hey, I have a present for you. 

– Joe, come on, you just gave me a beautiful pair of earrings on my birthday. 

– Yeah, I know, but this present isn't just for you, it's for us, actually. Just a little surprise that will make both of us happy– Joe kissed her neck, making her shiver. 

– What it is? 

– If it's a surprise you can't know what It is. Not until tonight. 

Taylor rolled her eyes. 

– Great.

Joe bites his lips to prevent laughing and lifts her chin with his index finger. 

– Hey, do you know what we could do before leaving this paradise?

She raises her eyebrows at him, curious. 

– Why don't we dance together in that frozen lake before we go home?

– I don't know how to Ice skate, love!– she said, throwing her head back laughing. 

– We don't need patins. We can dance on the ice.

– What if it breaks? 

– Nah, I don't think so, trust me. It's really solid ice. 

– Fine, but If we end up falling in that freezing water you are a dead man!