"Are you gett--ing married?" I asked tears in my eyes.

"Yes." She replied. "I am glad Oliver told you." She added. "But I was going to invite you."

"Why?" I asked. "Why do you--you like hurting me?"

"Trust me, I don't. I swear I don't but I can't see you in pain anymore. I know you want me out of my life and today when I got sh--- when I hurt my arm today I thought about you and the kids before everyone else and---." She paused wiping her tears. "The thought of leaving your life scared me so much that it felt like I was shot in the heart instead. I really love you more than life itself but for your happiness, I am willing to leave you and the kids if it means you will be happy. I finally made the decision Elijah."

"What?" I cried. "You choosing the money and everything over me and the kids?" I shook my head. "No, you can't do that."

"I am not choosing your money or the things you own over you or the kids. I would never choose anything over you and my babies but I can't see you hurt anymore." She said. "I love you, Elijah Carson, I always did and I always will and nothing will ever change how I feel about you but I need to do this for everyone. I know last time I didn't choose to leave you but this time, I thought about it and it's the best option. I think we were never meant to be."

"No."

"Yes." She gave me a fake smile. "Even the universe is against us. Elijah, you were my tempting mistake, a mistake I repeated, a mistake that I can't regret nor not regret. You gave me the best gifts ever, Red and Ryker are the sweetest kids and if they had to grow up with only one parent it has to be you. You are an amazing father, son, and brother and you were always an amazing partner to me when we were together. I know in the morning we will fight again when you are sober but  I know that's just you trying to protect your heart from me."

"Please don't leave me again." I said.

"It's for the best Elijah." She cupped my face. "If I believed in being reincarnated I would want to be born to the same family and have the same life over and over and over and over again, every single time I am born I would want to be your girlfriend, your lover, your fiancee, best friend and the mother of Red and Ryker." She cried. "I would choose a short life with you than a long life without you but I know if I was to die in your arms you would react the same way you did last time, maybe even worse and that means you wouldn't move on and I don't want that. I want to die without you know--." I hugged her. 

Annette's POV.

"I know I am drunk but I can't think of life without you." He said. "I can drink every day to try and forget everything you have done to me. I can drink and forget you---you faked your death but I can't ever drink and forget you are actually dead." He cried. 

"Elijah, please." I tried to wipe his tears but he stopped me.

"I was your mistake, your tempting mistake right?" He cried. "But you are my best mistake. I would fall for you every single chance I got. I would rather die than let you go." He shook his head. "When I am sober I fight with you because I am scared of losing you again. I am scared of you hurting my heart but I'd rather let you hurt me than me letting you get hurt."

"I don't want to have regrets."

"Then don't leave me again." He quickly said. "You not taking me seriously because I am drunk but I would say the same thing if I was sober."

"I know my Elijah, you would've found another way but you would never say that to me."

"I know my Annette too, and I know she would never leave me. Why would she, when she loves me?" He cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "Tell me you don't love me and you would be happy if we were not together."

"I would be miserable without you but I would rather be that than let you suffer when I am dead."

"No one can ever kill you while I am still alive." He said. "I will never allow anyone to even touch you Annette because I still love you." My heart almost stopped completely when he said he still loves me. I know he does love me but hearing him say it makes me love him even more. 

"You gave me the best life." I hugged him. "The best memories and everything and I hate to leave you and the kids again but I can't take chances. I have a hit on me and it's the second one."

"No." He laughed. "Someone put two hits on you. But you just came back to life the other day." 

"One of them is your father." I know in the morning he won't believe everything that happens now unless I confirm it so I will lie to him and tell him I never even spoke to him last night. 

"And the other?" He asked.

"Family enemy." I answered. 

"Can you please tell me again in the morning if--only if I forget." He asked and I nod my head, lying. "I am sorry for everything."

"I am sorry too." I hugged him. "I really love you and tomorrow I can't wait to fight with you." Just one more time, the last time we will ever fight. I can't even say that out loud.

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*