"I know mom, but I also know how dad is. You know dad is amazing, he will forgive you if you just tell him the truth."

"Annette I can't. Your dad still didn't forgive me for hiding the fact I knew you were alive so I can't tell him this. At least not now."

"Why not?" She asked.

"I have been sick lately and I went to the hospital to get some tests down so until I get those results we can't tell Marko or anyone else about this."

"When do you think you will get the results?" Annette asked.

"They said today." Anna replied. "They'll deliver it so I won't leave this place today."

"So after the results, you promise you will tell dad the truth?"

"Annette, I am trying sweetheart. I swear I don't want to hide the truth from your father but I don't have a choice. I had to lie to keep the family together."

"But you can't lie about being pregnant forever." Annette said. "You will have to eventually tell him the truth."

Oh wow! These two are so sneaky. I could've never guessed they were lying to uncle Marko! Wow! Just wow. I mean, what did I expect? The apple doesn't fall from the tree!

"Elijah?" Uncle Marko said behind me. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing." I lied. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just came in now." He said. "I came back for a file." He opened the door and Annette and Anna were sitting, pretending to look at old photos. "Oh, you two are in here."

"Why are you surprised?" Anna asked, with a fake smile.

"Well, no one told me we were having a family day." Marko said, taking the file.

"I was about to call you." I said. "But you showed up in time."

"Really? What's going on?" Uncle smiled. "Are you and Annette fighting over the twins?"

"No." I replied and Meghan entered the room. "You have great timing Megs." I smiled. "So uncle when is the baby due?" 

"Oh." Uncle Marko smiled. "I forgot to tell you we are expecting. I am sorry." I feel bad for him but it's better if he finds out the truth now. "Umm, we still have a few more months to go so maybe seven, six months later."

"Don't be sorry for not telling me." I am not one to tell people bad news but he deserves to know and I can't keep a secret. "Uncle, Aunt is not pregnant. She faked the whole thing!" 

"What?" Meghan snapped. "Eli I know you have a problem with Annette but you can't lie about my mother like that!" 

"Meghan, please be quiet." Uncle Marko said. "Eli, what did you just say?"

"Well, Annette and Aunt planned all this. She faked her pregnancy so you couldn't leave her. I am really sorry Uncle." I told him.

"Is it true?" Marko asked. 

"Dad, M--."

"I'm not talking to you, Annette!" Marko interrupted her. "I'm talking to your mother, Anna."

"I can explain." Aunt Anna said and Marko dropped the file.

"I can't believe it." He shook his head. "I never knew you would stoop so low."

"Marko I am so sorry but I swea---."

"Shut up!" He shouted. "I am so fucking tired of your lies." He cried. "I don't know how I fell in love with a woman like you." He shook his head. "You constantly lie. How could you even think about pretending to be pregnant?" 

"I wasn't thinking and I am sorry. I swear I was going to tell you soon." Aunt Anna cried. I feel bad for her but Uncle deserved to know.

"I am done. I am really done!" He ran out of the room. 

"Mom, how could you lie to dad about such a big thing?" Meghan asked.

"Meghan now is not the time." Annette said. 

"I have to go after him." Anna said and I stopped her.

"I'll go after him." I told her. 

I left the house and Uncle was nowhere to be seen. I am not in the mood to chase anyone but Uncle Marko is one of the best people I know. He has never lied to me nor hide anything from me so I will help him. 

I took my car and started driving slowly so I could look for him. I stopped my car the second I saw Uncle Marko on the floor. I rushed out of my car and ran to him. 

"Uncle." I said and he didn't respond. He just kept holding his chest so I picked him up and took him to my car. 

I took him to the nearest hospital. I hope he is fine. 

"Can you please fill in this?" The woman gave me a form. 

"Okay, thanks." I called Annette's number and she answered. "Can you come down to the hospital, it's an emergency."

"What happ---." I hung up on her and sent her my location. 

A while later, Annette and her whole family arrived at the hospital. 

"Where is Marko?" Anna asked. "Elijah, what happened to Marko?"

"I think he got a heart attack, I am sorry." I told her. 

"What?" Annette looked at me angry. "I know you hate me but don't say my dad got a heart attack just because you want to get back at me."

"Doctor."  Anna said. "How is my father?"

"Your father had a heart attack but he is fine now." The doctor said. "You can go see him if you like but don't stress him."

"Oh okay, thank you so much." Anna said and Annette grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. 

"What do you want?" I asked and she smacked you.

"You almost killed my father." She shouted, tears visible in her eyes. "Your hate for me made you such an ugly person! Elijah, you destroyed my family and now my dad, my dad is in hospital because of you." She shouted. "Are you happy now?"

"Happy?" I laughed. "You think Uncle Marko being in hospital would make me happy?"

"He is not your uncle because we are nothing to each other." Annette said. 

"Of course, we are not! You've always been dead to me since that day you died." I told her. 

"You are dead to me too Elijah." She shouted. "I am tired of chasing after you. Loving you was the biggest mistake of my life! I wish I had stayed dead because if I did you wouldn't get a chance to destroy my family." 

"I wish you stayed dead too." I said. 

"My biggest regret is thinking you could change, how can an evil person like you ever change?" She cried. "I am done with you, Elijah. I swear I will never forgive you for destroying my parent's marriage."

"I don't care!" I told her. "And stop with your fake tears, I am not going to fall for it."

"You don't ever need to fall for my fake tears anymore because you will never see them again." She wiped her tears. "From today onwards you are nothing to me. I swear I will stop loving you and I will never beg for your love again." She said. "I hate you!"

*Don't forget to vote comment and share please*