"I don't have it." I said. 

"So you telling me, my parents handcuffed me to you and they didn't give you the key in case of an emergency?" He asked and I nod my head. "I don't believe you but I will go find my dad." He dragged me. 

We went back inside and Elijah found his father having a drink with his mother. 

"The keys please." He said. "And also, please don't do something like this again. I don't like it dad, and you know it!" 

"I'm not going to lie, Elijah, I'm not sure where I hid the keys." Uncle Benjamin smiled. "But I promise you I'll find it and I'll give it to you when you and Annette solve your problems."

"I have nothing to say to her." Elijah said.

"Then hear her out." Uncle Benjamin replied. 

"Just drop my kids at home in the morning. Goodnight." Elijah said. 

"You can't leave now." Aunt Sofia said. "Eli, being handcuffed to Annette is not so bad. Stay for another hour and if you don't get along, you can leave."

"Ask someone to please take Marianna home." Elijah ignored everything Aunt Sofia said and left the party. There is really no fun in being handcuffed to someone. 

My hand hurts cause he keeps dragging me around and I can't even say a word cause I don't want to fight with him. 

"You are fucking lucky I can't kill you." He said as he let me go in the car first. "Stupid shameless woman!" 

"You really won't ever let go of the past?" I asked. "Elijah, I swear you'll regret it one day." He ignored me and kept driving until the car stopped in the middle of the street. 

"Fuck!" He cursed and got out of the car with me. He looked at the boot of the car for the extra petrol he always carries with him but it wasn't there. "Dad!" He said. "I'm really starting to wonder if he is your father or mine!"

"Relax, I am sure uncle Benjamin had nothing to do with this."

"Of course he did. I know when I parked this car today, there was more than enough petrol in it and I always carry extra---." He shook his head. "I'm not going to bother talking to you."

"What will it take you to forgive me?" I asked and he ignored me. 

"Do you have your phone?" He asked after he couldn't find his in the car so I ignored him. "I need to call someone for help so give me your phone!" He commanded.

"I don't have my phone." I lied. "I left it at home."

"On top of everything, you are also stupid." He slapped his forehead. "Let's walk home." He said after taking a bottle of wine out of the car. We started walking, and he didn't say a word to me so I broke the silence.

"What's the bottle for?" I asked.

"To hit you on the head if you talk to me one more time."

"You are so childish." I said. 

"Shut up." He said so I stopped walking. "You will hurt your hand." He warned me.

"I don't care, you can walk. I am not going to move." I told him. I can't believe he told me to shut up and wants me to follow his orders. He is really crazy! 

"Fine." He replied and started walking, making me fall. He is forgetting, he will get hurt if I get hurt. 

"Are you crazy!" I shouted. 

"I'm not in the fucking mood to play with you so if you think falling on purpose and pulling my arm will make me pity you then you are crazy! Keep hurting yourself, I don't care." He started walking again the second I got up and this time I pulled his arm back on purpose, making us both fall and the bottle of wine break. "I swear to God!" He said trying to get up. "Ah!" He looked at his hand which was bleeding. "Do you know what you have done?"

"I'm really sorry." I really didn't mean for him to get hurt. I just wanted to irritate him. 

I tried to help him but he pushed me.

"Do you have any idea what you have done!" He shouted, stopping himself from hitting me. "You really disgust me, Annette!" He tried to take the handcuff off but he couldn't. For some reason, Elijah doesn't seem to want to hurt himself. He never usually cares if he gets hurt but now he is angry over a small cut. 

"When I shot you in the chest, you didn't care." I said. "But now a small cut makes you so angry." 

"How many times must I tell you I hate you." He said.

"You don't hate me, you are just hurt by what I did to you." I said. "I promise I won't leave you again."

"It was easy for you to leave me before, so don't lie to yourself about not leaving me again." He said. 

"I'm really sorry Elijah, I swear to God I didn't want to leave you but I had no choice." I tried touching his face but he stopped me.

"I just have one question." He looked at me with teary eyes. "Why me?"

"What?" I asked.

"I just wanted to know." He tilted his head slightly to prevent tears from falling. "Why?" He smiled at me but I could see how hurt he was. "I just wanted your love, just love, nothing more so why was it easy for you to leave me?"

"I didn't mean to. I really didn't have a choice and it was a promise. I promised my grandfather I would take over his business." I said. "But I promise I won't leave again.

"You left twice!" He stated as he got up and I followed him. "The mistake that I made was forgiving you the first time when you shot me. I won't forgive you again."

"Elijah it's not the same."

"You are right!" He quickly agreed. "The first time you left, I knew you were alive you were just 'hurt' by the fact you shot me." He continued. "But the second time, you really fooled us all. You ruined my life, I was broken and I can tell you a million times how broken I was when you died but I won't ever expect you to understand my pain because you will never understand my pain." 

"It was for a good reason and I really wanted to tell you at some point but I couldn't."

"A good reason?" He laughed. "You were going to tell me at some point? When was that point going to be? Before you fake your death or twenty years after you fake your death?" He said. "Would you just show up and say, hey my children, I am your mother and I have been dead for twenty years, what's for dinner?" 

"Elijah------."

"No." He said. "I don't need your explanation. You can say the same thing over and over again, you can make promises and apologize for everything you have done but it won't change anything." He added. "Just do me one favor and please leave me alone. Just leave me the same way you left me when you died."

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*