¹³. ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ᴰⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢᵖⁱʳⁱᵗ ᴳᵒ?

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘎𝘰?

THE ROARING ENGINE OF A MOTORCYCLE FILLED THE STREETS OF NEW YORK. Roads are choked up by people taking pictures and looking up at the destruction of Samson Enterprise. Looking at the beacon of fire that burned brighter than anything else in the city. And Jason was racing to get to the beacon as fast as he could.

His vision was wavering in and out of focus. The cuts and blood running down his sides were growing more and more concerning. Every time he reached up to wipe the blood on his cheek, it only got droplets of blood in his eye, causing it to create a burning sensation of pain.

But he couldn't stop. He had to get there. Even if there was an inch of his life left, he had to get to the tower and make sure nobody was hurt. Kate and Clint had tried to follow him and stop him, but he had taken off before they had the chance to restrain him and give him medical attention. None of that mattered unless everyone back at the tower was safe- If his mother and Uncle were safe.

He had called the tower, all the levels in hope of someone picking up. But no one did. Only making Jason believe that people were already evacuated from the location. His mother was picking up the phone and Carlton hadn't either. For all he knew, something could've happened back at the estate that he didn't know about. But all he could do was go to the nearest location that was in distress and pick up the rest from there. That was if he didn't die after arriving.

And when he did, he was frightened to see the number of people injured and being escorted out onto wheelers. From injured civilians caught in the rainfall of debris to people who had been caught in the explosion. Some were alive, some were on life support, and others were dead. He saw it when he raced past the police tape creating a perimeter, seeing body bags being loaded into ambulances.

Parking his bike, he stood up and limped towards the steps where some paramedics were treating people. Spotting Ashley and marching over to her as people began to spot him and see the outfit he wore. The entire blatancy he made with who he was and where he had been when the explosion happened. But he didn't care.

"Ash!" He called out hoarsely, causing the blonde to look up. Her bottom lip was cut with a gash along her hairline.

But when she saw him, she saw the large red symbol on his chest. The Precursor symbol. And she was nothing less than shocked, but it was short-lived when she saw his state of being. Cuts from his armour, destroying the nanotech that was irreplaceable to the bruises covering his face.