⁰⁵. ᴮᵒᵐᵇˢ ⁺ ᴶᵃˢᵒⁿ ⁼ ᶜʰᵃᵒˢ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝘉𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘴 + 𝘑𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 = 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴

JASON HADN'T CLOSED HIS EYES THE ENTIRE NIGHT. Conflicting thoughts begged for his attention. Most gravitated towards his morals and the obligations he held. Some were bearable, while others had him sitting in uncomfortable silence.

He hated it. He hated the fact that Kate could get so deep into his mind that it could affect him. He hated that her words meant more to him than any others. What angered him the most was that she still had this effect. Despite the years apart from one another. Jason thought that maybe these feelings for her would've left like most things in his life. Or maybe her influence on him would've diminished over time.

But he was greatly wrong. As he sat in the passenger seat of the black BMW, her words echoed in his ears. A continuous harsh reminder of the person he'd become in two years. No matter how much he wished to, things couldn't be undone. His way of doing things was the right way of going about it. That's what he believed and he would stand by it.

And as he entered the Samson State, he felt more like an intruder than an occupant. Someone acting as if they stood for the name of Samson, but a fraud. An uncomfortable feeling Jason wished to rid himself of completely. But it was too late for that and he had to accept that.

The dingy and empty wooden walls echoed his footsteps. His presence is known to the person lying in their bed on the other side of that door. Even before he begins to turn the handle, the woman could hear the car pull in front of the mansion.

Entering the bedroom, Jason sniffled as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. White curtains pulled in front of the windows. The faintest sound of beeping and short and shallow breaths. It left the boy with shivers down his spine as he entered deeper.

"If you are going to sulk in the darkness, then you might as well leave," the voice chuckled. "But I would like to see my baby's face."

A soft smile pressed itself to Jason's lips as he approached the bed. The faint figure of his mother wrapped in blankets with her tired eyes watching him. Her once brown locks were turning a grey at the roots. A few strands caught in the bandage still wrapped around her head. But her green eyes were still as bright as ever.

"Well, you're going to have to get used to it," Jason quipped. "It isn't going to change with age."

"Oh, trust me, I know," Lillian huffed. "You used to be all emo- Sorry, I lied. You still are emo and shit. I don't know how to feel about it."