⁰⁴. ᴬ ᴹᵒʳᵃˡ ᴼᵇˡⁱᵍᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝘈 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘖𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

"NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU," Kate said. "This is a bit of a letdown."

Festive music played through the overhead speakers in the small store. Jason scanned one of the freezers full of drinks on display. With an addition of a hat and a new jacket. The last thing he wanted to deal with was getting noticed by a random bystander. And thankfully, they had passed by a store where he snatched the two pieces and gave the store owner more money than he likely deserved.

"Sorry to disappoint you," Clint muttered, scanning the shelf. "Wanna grab some of that rubbing alcohol over there? Lower shelf."

Jason reached inside, grabbed two energy drinks and walked back over. "You got this covered?" Clint asked.

The boy in question laughed. "Good to know I'm the personal piggy bank," he said, "but, yeah. I got it."

"So, what's the plan now?" Kate whispered. "Let me guess. We're going to your safe house? Is it in the Avengers Tower?"

"No," Clint grumbled. "Tony sold that. A few years ago."

He snatched the rubbing alcohol from the girl's hands and tossed them in the green basket and walked away. "That was sad on so many levels."

They followed the man towards the front counter and stood in a line. The dog stared up at Clint as he glanced down at the animal that nipped at the back of his pants. "All right," he huffed. "What is it? What do you want with me?"

"I think he sees you need a friend," Jason murmured. "You look like you could use one."

"Look, I gotta look for a place to stash you," Clint told Kate. "Safe. So I can recover the suit and clean your mess. Also, I don't like the comment."

"Stash me?" Kate chuckled. "I'm not a bag of money."

"No, you're not," Clint said. "A bag of money'd be useful to me."

Jason bit his lip to hold back the grin tugging at the corner of his lips. Pursing his lips as he handed Clint his card to purchase the items as Kate glared at both of them. Both childhood friends had always thrown those types of comments at one another when growing up. But something about hearing Hawkeye say something like that was amusing.

"I actually do know a place about 10 blocks away," Kate bit back. "Would a bag of money know a place?"

A smirk tugged at Jason's lips as he nudged Kate's arm. Grinning upon seeing that triumphant smile press itself to her lips. "Touché, Kate."