⁰³. ᵀʰᵉ ᴵᵐᵖᵒˢᵗᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳

   NO ONE, INCLUDING JASON WOULD'VE, EXPECTED HIM TO BE HUNTING RONIN. A fresh vigilante with only a year under his belt, hunting a hardened infamous assassin. That's not something one expects to hear or see any day of their life. It tested the Precursor considering, in hindsight, his ideologies weren't too different from Ronin.

They both killed to clean the streets and stop corruption from infesting cities. The only difference was that Ronin had done it on a grand scale in Japan, New York, and many more. And Jason couldn't explain why he was hunting the assassin if he'd done a service to the world. But under the umbrella of criminals, Ronin was a part of it.

"Jason, there has been a report that Armand the Third was found dead in his residence," Carlton announced. "I'm forwarding the location. Do you think it was Ronin?"

Jason hummed in thought. "I don't think so," he said. "When they were fighting the Tracksuit Mafia, they weren't trying to kill them. I mean, they saved a damn dog in the street."

"What are you proposing?" His Uncle mused.

"I'm thinking this Ronin isn't the same one we knew before," Jason theorized. "Maybe a successor to the original. Either way, I'm taking them in, alive or dead."

"Maybe we should think about this before you-"

"There is nothing to think about, Carlton!" Jason exclaimed. "Ronin is out there. I need to put an end to this before anyone else gets hurt."

"I'm not the same boy you helped raise, Carlton," he said. "This is my city and I'm responsible for what happens to it."

In the corner of his hud, a flaring red circle appeared. A layout of the streets, alleyways and buildings from where he stood. The flaring light was the location of Armand's residence that was a few blocks.

Traversing between those blocks came with ease for Jason. Each jump, each grapple, every decision is methodical and thought through. After a few months, it became second nature to travel like this. Jump between buildings, run, all of it slowly became something Jason grew to tolerate. It also came with the job he'd given himself.

But the job he'd never given himself was looking for a master assassin. Finding that assassin surrounded by Tracksuit mafia members. All wielding different types of weapons, approaching the superior force. What surprised Jason the most had been the fact that Ronin tried avoiding the altercation. Getting into a nearby truck and locking the doors to keep themselves safe.

He didn't give it much thought from there as he situated himself at the edge of a rooftop. Grabbing a handle from his waist with a black box. The two items combine, creating a makeshift sniper rifle. Aiming through the scope magnifying, vision closing in on 6 men surrounding Ronin.