¹¹. ᵁⁿᵈᵉʳ ᵀʰᵉ ᴹᵒᵒⁿˡⁱᵍʰᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

JASON NEVER UNDERSTOOD OR WANTED TO UNDERSTAND HIS BROTHER. Raph had been an enigma for as long as he could remember. His older brother not only was an asshole, but also a selfish bastard. When the Blip happened, not once did Jason get a postcard or a visit from the man. For all he knew, since the funeral, the guy could be dead. But Jason knew better and knew his brother would find a way to ruin his life and everything encompassing it.

It wasn't like he wanted to hate Raph. It had never been his intention, but the thought of his older brother made his blood boil. Just seeing the family photos, his fake smile, and the moments when he showed an ounce of love, all pissed him off. Because he didn't know if any of it was true. All he got for an answer was Raph up and leaving without a word to him. Not a goodbye and not an "I love you, kid."

But still, to this day, Carlton and Lilian brought him up like no problem. Able to reminisce on the times when the guy had been around and when he was happy. But at this point, Jason was beginning to find his brother unrecognizable. He saw one side and they saw the other.

Walking into the mansion, Jason stood by the door waiting for his mother. She hadn't said a word and neither had he for the entire ride. And even now, she didn't make eye contact or exchange anything.

Carlton appeared, entering the main hall with a sigh of relief. "Where the hell did you go?"

She didn't answer, walking past him and towards the kitchen. Carlton followed his sister with his gaze until his attention snapped to the front door that slammed shut. Jason tore off his jacket and hung it up and walked in the direction of the living, Carlton slowly following in tow.

"What happened out there?" The man asked.

"Well, my mother decided it would be a good idea to come searching for me when I went M.I.A." Jason let out a laugh as he walked to the alcohol tray and began to pour himself a drink. "A funny thing happened as well. One of my drivers was working for Joseph. Tried to kill me in the car."

"Fucking hell." Carlton ran a hand through his hair. Although he was against what Jason did, when his sister was involved and threatened, he would do the same as he suspected his nephew to have done. There are just some lines you never cross and that was with your own flesh and blood. "Did you kill him?"

"What else was I supposed to do? Talk to him and ask him to lay down his weapon?" Jason asked sarcastically. "But yeah, I killed him. I need you to run background checks on everyone within the Samson umbrella. Drivers, Maids, Chefs - everything. The last thing I need is to be killed in my bed."