⁰⁹. ˢᵒ, ᵂʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵀʰᵉ ᴾᵒⁱⁿᵗ?

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 || 𝘚𝘰, 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵?

"I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE IT ALONE, MICHAEL!" Jason sat at the top of the flight of stairs. Within the shadows of the large Samson mansion. Listening closely to an argument ensuing between his two parents, who were in the front foyer.

They didn't know he was awake. His mother had put him to bed hours ago, but being the rebellious teen he was, he stayed up listening to music and reading comics. All until he heard the slamming of the front door and the faint yells over the booming music that blasted through his headphones.

"And I told you to not worry about it," Jason's father, Micahel replied. "It's dealt with now. We can now move forward with the Orion project."

Lilian stared at him in bewilderment. "Are you fucking serious?" She exclaimed. "Is that what this has been all about? The fucking project?"

Before she could continue her yells, Michael hissed, "Keep your voice down," he told her. "You're going to wake Jason up at this rate."

There was a brief silence that filled the front of the mansion. Jason kept to the shadows as he watched the argument build and build at an alarming rate. He'd never seen his parents fight. They always smiled and acted disgustingly cute towards one another. Frequently earning a gag in disgust by Jason.

But this didn't seem right at all. His mother had barely acknowledged him one single bit since he got home. Not even questioning the fight that he had with a boy at school that left him purple. He had been expecting his mother to talk to him, but she ignored him. Did her work in her office in uncomfortable silence.

"If we kept our act up, this would've fallen right back on us," Michael muttered. "Are you going to get angry at me for doing what I thought was right? I was protecting the family! I am doing this for Jason! For Raph-"

"You weren't protecting shit!" Lilian snapped, silencing her husband. "I can't even fucking look at you, Mike. I don't even know who you are. You don't care about anything else besides the damn company."

"Do you think this is a game, Lilian?" Michael questioned. "Do you think I wanted to do this? I'm keeping you and Jason safe. Don't be telling me what I feel if you don't know jackshit."

Lilian pursed her lips as she nodded slightly. "You're right," she agreed. "I don't know how you feel. But I do know you did this to only save your ass and not anyone else's."