The Other Side Of Hikari

Hikari's pov

The next morning..

I was making some pancakes while blasting music in the kitchen. I thought back of yesterday.

"You're not weak are you? Walk back home yourself"

'Stupid Nathan. He thinks I'm fucking weak? I can deal with shit like vampires. I don't need anyone.' I sighed. 'Maybe I should calm myself down.' I place the pancakes on a plate and started eating. My day went by quick. I ate, went for a quick run, shower, read a book, clean the house and sleep.

The next day..

I was getting ready for school. 'Ugh fuck now I have to deal with Nathan and the rest of them..'

In school..

"Hey Hikari!" Eclipse waved. I walked to her. "Hi" I greeted her back. "Let's walk to class." She said. She didn't question me anything about yesterday so that's good.

Lunch..

We walked to the cafeteria. Of course, with struggle due to students crowding around us. Mostly boys. Fortunately, we successfully escaped from the crowd and headed to the cafeteria. Just like before, they are sitting with us. I made a quick glance to Nathan. He didn't look back. 'Guess he's pissed.' We sat down and we didn't make any eye contact. Skylar and Zach were confused. "Why are you guys so quiet?" Zach asked. "I'll explain it to you guys. Come on." Eclipse dragged the both of them out.

It's only Nathan and me..

"I don't want you to walk me home anymore." I begin. He didn't respond. So I continued. "I am strong enough to fight them off if I do see any vampires." He scoffed. "It's not only vampires, you idiot. You're a fucking human, you're weak. Can't do shit for yourself. You're all talk but no action. So quit trying to be all tough and accept the fact that you need protection." He glared at me. I was pissed off. He called me weak again. At this point, I want to punch him, beat him up until he's convinced that I'm not a weakling. "I'm not fucking weak. You have not seen me in action. You don't wanna test me, Nathan." I glared back at him. I didn't take my eyes off his eyes. I will keep glaring at him to show him that I dare to beat him up till death. Then, footsteps are headed towards us. "Hey hey, calm down. Don't start a fight." Eclipse placed her hand on my shoulder. I shook her hand off. "No, he has to know that I'm not some frail ass girl that needs protection. I'll show him. I'm stronger than him." I couldn't keep my anger in me. I had to speak up. If it's not Eclipse, then I will. And I did. "No. You need to know that you ARE a frail girl. Without Eclipse, you would've died that day. Without Zach and Bakugou, you and Eclipse would've died. You need to start appreciating others. Because without us, you wouldn't be here." I froze when he said that. I slammed my hands on the table. Catching everyone's attention. "I know that. And I do appreciate it. But I clearly don't appreciate you calling me frail or weak. I'm not the one who is heartless." Nathan's eyes widen. He looked hurt. Eclipse, Skylar and Zach were surprised. Eclipse looked hurt too. "From now on, you're no longer under my protection. I don't fucking care about you anymore. And you, Hikari, are my rival. And it's better if you stay the fuck away from me. I'm not the one catching feelings. You are." My heart broke. I can't believe he said it out loud. Everyone was staring. "FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU NATHAN!" I ran out of the cafeteria. I ran to my locker and got my bag. I left the school and ran back home. I locked myself in my house and room. Now everyone knows. Everyone knows I'm in love with Nathan.

Three days later...

I have been in my room. My eyes are red and puffy. I have not eaten since that day. My phone wouldn't stop buzzing. I know it was from Eclipse. I didn't bother checking it. I also heard knocking a few times. I didn't even went to check who it is. All I want to do is just sit in my room.

   Eclipse's pov

It's been three days since the argument. I kept calling and texting Hikari. She wouldn't answer or reply. I paced around the living room. She called Nathan heartless, I knew that would trigger Nathan. But the thing is that Nathan pointed out her feelings for him infront of everyone. She has the right to leave like that. "Stop stressing out so much, you're gonna have grey hair soon." Micheal leaned on the wall. "I can't, I'm worried about the both of them, especially Hikari." Micheal looked confused. "Why? What happened?" He put his hand on my shoulder. I explained to him. Without a word, he went straight to the front door. "Wait where are you going?" I asked him. "To see if Hikari is alright." I sighed. "There's no point, she wouldn't open the door." I told him. "Who said I'm going to knock on the door?" He smirked. "What?! You're gonna break her door down?!" I exclaimed. "Yes. Now do you wanna come along or not?" Micheal opened the door. I quickly ran out of the door. We walked to Hikari's house. "She's gonna be pissed to see her door broken." I facepalm as I sighed. "Oh please, I'm her favourite, she wouldn't mind." I stick my tongue out at him as he chuckled. As soon as we reach her front door, Micheal kicked her door down with no hesitation. I cursed under my breath and quickly ran upstairs to her room. "Hikari? Please open the door. It's me, Eclipse." I heard no response. I opened the door, surprisingly it wasn't locked. I swing it open to see... nothing. Where is she? "BROTHER, SHE'S NOT HERE!" I shouted. Micheal came running. "The fuck you mean by she's not here?" He looked around the room. "Shit...I smell a vampire nearby! We gotta go! She might be in danger!" I ran downstairs and out of the door. Micheal running behind me. "The scent is getting close! Hurry!!" I ran into the forest. Why in the hell is she in the forest for? After running in deeper in the forest. I stopped in my tracks. "Hikari...." My voice came out as a whisper.

   Hikari's pov

I walked into the forest. He thinks I'm weak. I'm frail. But I'll show him. I hoped that there will be vampires or creatures in the forest. As soon as I got deeper in the forest, I heard rustling sounds. I stop walking. I turn my head towards the sound. "I hear you, show me who you are." I stand firm. A deep chuckle is all I hear as the footsteps got closer and closer. There stood a red headed guy with pale skin and red eyes. Vampire. He looks scarier than Jack. I took a step back. He came closer. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here." His voice was husky and deep. He was quite tall. "Who are you and what do you want." I tried not to stutter. It was hard to be brave. He is a vampire after all. One bite and I'm gone. "Straight to the point I see, I like that. Well, why don't I introduce myself first? I'm Kaito Nakamura, 17 and a vampire. What about you, beautiful?" He appeared behind me. "Why should I tell you about me?" I turned around and glared at him. He smirked and grabbed me by my waist. I growled in disgust. I tried to pull away but his grip is strong as hell. "It's alright, I already know your name, Hikari Amari." He snickered. All I can think about is danger.