WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

While Tania and I had decided to find out the truth about Ankit and what he was hiding from us, we didn't want to go into every detail, just wanted to know the whole case that what was going on? Why were there so much of shouting this past days. We both came to office, before time just to check on the files of Ankit.

'Are we ready, Tania?' I asked. We were standing near the office, it was morning 7 AM, we were damn early for all of this. We did not want to risk our job, the many days this office goes on we are here, it is just a internship nothing more than that. The Sun had just risen, the rays of it were coming from the windows, the windows were open at the morning while after 10 am, the ACs were on.

'I hope so, Ani, this looks risky to me,' she said, she was wearing a white color shirt and a black color skirt, she had her hairs tied up today, she looked more good while her hairs were opened up, but I can't say like that.

'Let us go,' I said and brought my hand ahead, she held my hand, I was thought this was for clap. This was better, I think so.

We both opened the door, we saw the messy table, all the files, papers, and many of the stuff kept in a messy way, the two chairs kept were not properly adjusted, Yesterday was the most rough day for him I think. Some of the books were fallen form the bookshelf. I think he might have got angry from all the stuff going on his life. He just threw all the things. But only some of them got down by him.

'This room looks ugly,' Tania said and picked up one of the book fallen down.

'Don't pick up the books, your fingerprints might go up there,' I said and took the book away from her hand.

'What a great investigator you are, took the book and gave your fingerprints on it,' she said and started to clap. I held both of her hands.

'Stop this and let us properly find something out of this mess,' I said and took my hands back, The book had fallen down again by us, I picked it up it was "Got up so high yet so low" he has been going through a lot, really a lot.

We both looked up to one of the blue file, we saw some transactions written on it. I picked it up. On the top it was written 'Look at the loss you will be going through' I think while this was written by Tarun while he was explaining what was going on in his life, how much of false things he has done. There were some miscellaneous transactions spotted by both of us, there were of huge amount not less than 5 lakhs. There were some business transactions on it, which were ticked. We went through the 5 pages of bank and all cash transactions, there were many cuts and all. At the end page it was written 'Liability of 10 crores and assets only of 3 crores' and below it were written 'Options are to sell your company to someone and...' there was nothing more on that.

'I feel so wrong,' Tania said. I kept the file down.

'Let us get out from here,' I said and went till the door.

'You won't find anything more?' She said and took a paper in her hand which was kept on the table.

'Why are you going into this all case?'

'Bills payable to, Sainath, Samrudhi, Ruhi, Wagh..., and the list goes on,' she said and kept the paperback, it was 7:30 till now.

'This man is going make pass bad debts account by all of them, come out now, watchman would be coming to clean this place up, we better leave before that,' I said and held her hand and pulled her towards me, she came close to me, so close that I could look at her eyes and feel her breath come towards me. I stopped my breathing for a second, her eyes widened up.

'What are you doing, Ani? You are all right?' she said, but did not go away from me. I slowly pulled my hands out and opened the door 'We...need...to get out,' I was getting so comfortable around her, and here it comes, again the same awkward person which I was before, I just pulled her towards me because I wanted to make her come out of this place.

We walked out of that place, me looking here and there, knuckling down.

'It was not bad of a moment to do that, Anirudh,' she said and looked at me while we were walking, she just said my full name, she is serious now and I can't look at her. I am nervous, I messed it all.

'I have just seen this all in bollywood movies and all, this happened real to me,' she said and laughed, she was that serious, we came out of the third floor door.

'Tania, I never meant to do that, I promise, I freaking promise,' I said and stopped while she walked few more steps on stairs.

She walked towards me, stood by my side and put her hand on my shoulder 'It is all okay, dear, we are not small kids, we can have this kind of moment no worries, I don't have any boyfriend and all,'

'What was your response to Soham, you did not accept?'

'Still thinking,' she said, we started to walk again.

'What about having breakfast in Dhave?'

'I never ate anything from there,'

'Come I will show my favorite dishes from there,' I said and smiled.

After we had our food, from the food stall, it was not empty as our office was, the people who went for a morning walk were having tea and were talking about the economic factors of country, how country's economy is in a bad state and all. Tania liked the food, I was only tensed about this, what if she did not like it. But she did. We got up from the place, the sun giving its rays to the world, we came out of that place, to the road, there were still some people who were doing there morning walk and some people riding on scooty. And the birds were singing in the morning, the road seemed very much good and pleasant for some reason. Early morning times are just pleasant in many ways. Or I was just feeling this all good because I had Tania by my side. Good people make your worse time better.

'What about a walk?' she asked, we were walking on the footpath, it was clean.

'Why? We should be in our office,'

'It is early morning, dear, we go to office at 10 am, now it is 8:35, we have lot of time,' she said.

'That's a good idea,' I said and smiled.

She took her phone out, while we were walking. She looked at some of the messages and kept her phone back.

'There is party tonight,' she said with a huge smile.

'Enjoy,'

'You are also coming, it is office cullies party, not a only girls night out,' she said.

'I don't like all this parties and all, it is just...not my type of thing,' I said.

'That is the reason you don't have friends till now, you don't want to go to parties and meet ups, you just want to do time pass all over here, what will you do being introvert? You just don't...try to meet people, how long will you just roam with me? There should be someone else as your friend too, the day I am not with you, you just sit alone, that is not right, Anirudh,' she slammed all those words on my face.

I kept quiet, it just felt I lost her, I got the feeling of losing her right infront of me, I stopped right there, she kept walking ahead. I looked at her, kept looking at her until she just stopped and looked at me,

'Don't want to continue this walk?' she said and threw hands up in the air.

I nodded and walked ahead. Joined her again.

'That was a bit mean, Tania, you said what you are you should be that,' I said calmly.

'That is a fact, it is not right to be just with me, what will happen if I fall for someone and stop talking to you because I will spend more time for him, what will you do?'

'Don't make my morning this bad, I request,' I said and put both my hands in my pocket.

'Okay, I am sorry, but just come to party tonight,'

'I will, will that let you spend time with me after you get a good caring boyfriend?'

'I don't wanna get into a fight with you, let us stop this walk, I am going back to office, you spoiled my morning mood, Ani, everything was going so damn good,' she said in an irritated voice and walked away from me. I stopped right there, with a pain in my heart, with sadness inside me. With that feeling in me, I just stopped there lost from everything around.