29. Hands Remember

"̳̳̳҉̳̳̳ɪ̳̳̳҉̸̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̐҉̳̳̳̯̳̳̳҉̳̳̳ή̳̳̳҉̷̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̔҉̳̳̳̬̳̳̳҉̳̳̳ɡ̳̳̳҉̵̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̏҉̳̳̳̭̳̳̳҉̳̳̳ʘ̳̳̳҉̴̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̅҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̌҉̳̳̳͇̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳͜҉̳̳̳!̳̳̳҉̷̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̌҉̳̳̳̠̳̳̳҉̳̳̳ ̳̳̳҉̸̳̳̳̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̳̳̳͆҉̳̳̳̳̳̳̈́҉̳̳̳̮̳̳̳҉̳̳̳̣̳̳̳҉̳̳̳"̳̳̳҉̳̳̳"̸̣̮̈́͆...

เ̵̼̘̒̂̔͜ภ̴̣͐̽ﻮ̸̧͔͌͠๏̶̮́.̶̰̠̫̈́̍.̸̻́.̶͖͗̾...เ̴̵̶̸̵̶̶̵̷̨͔̳̯̫̗͙̯̞̼̪̘̮͋̈́̒̑̂̇̔̑͌͂̉̈́̅͜ภ̶̴̴̷̸̸̤̹̟͉̟̹̖̣̙̔̓͐͂̀̽͊́̈ﻮ̸̸̶̴̴̸̶̧̧̛̼͕̰̜͓͉̜͔̱̀̋̄̍͌̈́̍̅̕̚͠ͅ๏̶̶̷̷̷̢̤͖̮̺͎̋́͆́̒̾͠.̵̶̷̵̵̴̵̸̨̡̛̪̺̠̩̰̠͕̤̫̫̄̐́̈́͗̍́̍́͑̕͘͜͜͝.̶̸̴̶̴̨̛̠̬̻̃́̔́́̈́̀͜͜.̴̶̴̷̶̵̡̡̯͍̭̱͖̯̻͐̎̐̋͗͊̔̾͂̓̏..

Í̸̵̵̴̴̶̶̸̵̗̞̙̮̫̗̭̖̰̼̤̘̬͙̾̐̒̾̂̓̔͑́̕̕͜͝͝

Ingo...

"Ingo...", you whisper.

The man blinks, slowly emerging from a dream.

"(Name)?", he moans sleepily.

His vision slowly clears.

"Oh, Ingo... Are you crying?"

"I'm... hum..."

He realises that there are actual tears in his eyes. He wipes them away with the back of his hand.

"I haven't the foggiest idea...", he admits.

"I suddenly heard you whimpering in your sleep and saw you grimacing, so I was unsure if you were having a nightmare or if you were in pain... That's why I woke you up."

"You did right. Thank you very much."

Regaining his senses, he sees you sitting on the edge of the bed and feels your hand on his uninjured shoulder. 

He looks at your face and notices a bandage on your neck.

"(Name)! Please, let me assess the damag--"

A pain shoots through his arm, and he winces from such discomfort.

"Don't move it too much! Calaba and Tulsi will visit us this morning to change the dressing."

Ingo examines his arm and entire shoulder wrapped nice and tight, and acknowledges that it must indeed be Calaba's doing.

He suddenly hears a loud chirrup and becomes aware that Sneasel is happily curled in a ball between his legs. When their eyes meet, Sneasel rolls on his back and exposes his belly to him before letting out a bubbly meow.

Ingo sits up with difficulty, but enough to be able to pet Sneasel, who purrs.

"Sneasel spent the whole night with you. I have to say, it was weird to sleep alone!", you laugh.

"(Name), what happened yesterday? Who brought me to your place? What's the latest sitrep on Miss Aibika's whereabouts? Please, spare me no details."

You describe the fight against Honchkrow, the arrival of Calaba and Ursaluna, Aibika's misadventures, how Typhlosion and Adaman rescued her, your reunion with the rest of the group after the distortion faded, Ingo's passing out and your return to the village.

"I completely blacked out, last night... I can't make out anything of what transpired until you found me..."

"Don't worry, Ingo, what matters now is that you're fine! Well, more or less. Calaba advised she'd brew a concoction that would heal you faster than a Medicinal Leek."