30. Blueberry Academy

Today, while riding the Battle Subway, you and your Pokémon stumble upon a group of young students in the hall past the platform. As far as you see, there are several groups of children aged six to ten, wearing an impeccable white school uniform. They remind you of a group of cute Tandemaus!

They are all chatting excitedly, blocking the way out.

"Excuse me!", you tell them, trying to leave.

A little girl squeals happily and points at your partner.

"Look at that Pokémon! It's so cooool!"

As a result, more children gather around, chirping and gasping enthusiastically.

"Can I touch it?"

"I want one, too! But my parents said when I'm older!"

"How come it's not inside a Poké Ball? Our teacher said no Pokémon are allowed in the Battle Subway outside of their Poké Ball!"

"Oooh, we gotta tell the teacher!"

"You snitch! Grown-ups aren't concerned about those dumb school rules!"

"Whaaat, not faaaair!"

"Don't say dumb, that's rude!"

"You said it, too! And it's not!"

"Your Pokémon's so, so adorbs! I wanna pet it! Pwetty pleeease?"

"Is it strong? Which moves does it know? Can you show us?"

"Are you a Pokémon Trainer?"

"Do you like Pokémon battles?

"Do you know the Subway Boss? I've heard from the teacher he's two people at the same time!"

"Yay! You know what? Teachers said we'd take a group photo together with the Subway Bosses!"

"Our teacher said they're very strong!"

"My mother said she challenged the Subway Bosses in Multi Battle once but she lost! When I'm older, I wanna challenge them, too!"

You and your friend are a little overwhelmed by all the sudden attention you are getting.

"Children! Get back in your lines! Chop-chop!", an elegant blonde-haired woman scolds out of the blue. "What did I say this morning before we left the Academy?"

"No Pokémon allowed outside Poké Balls!"

"No running in the facilities!"

"Always keep an eye on our classmates!"

"Show our ID card to a Depot Agent if we're lost!"

"No talking in the middle of presentations!"

"No snacks!"

"Aaaand I recall very much stressing on the fact that you should under no circumstances be speaking to strangers and disturb the peace of commuters!", the woman advises firmly. "Now, off you go, your teacher is waiting for you overthere!"

"Yes, Ms Briaaaar!", the group agrees in unison before going back to their rank.

"I'm very sorry, children tend to be so nosy!", Ms Briar apologises to you with sincerity, smiling at you gracefully. Her eye colour is mesmerizing, you think.

"It's alright, they didn't bother me at all!"

"Really? What a relief! Thank you so much for your understanding and patience! You would make an amazing teacher, you know? In case you're interested, we're currently hiring... Oh! I must say, your Pokémon partner looks very strong and pampered, you must be a talented Trainer, and also... Uh-oh! Where are my manners? I found you so interesting that I couldn't help myself from asking you to join our team!", she smiles brightly. "I'm Briar, a teacher at Blueberry Academy! You've certainly heard of it?"