32. A Heartfelt Conversation

The atmosphere today in the Battle Subway is... electric.

It is more crowded than usual, although it is not even rush hour yet. What is going on?

Could it be a strike!? No way, this is not Kalos!

Moreover, the passengers seem rather elated than annoyed. Most of them have taken their phone out and are recording something, chatting excitedly.

"The three of them, together!"

"I want to see them too!"

"Where are they?"

"Who's that? Who's that?"

"The Subway Bosses!? Wow!"

"The Nimbasa Trio!"

"I want a picture with Elesa..."

What? Elesa? The famous supermodel and Gym Leader, the Shining Beauty?

How exciting! Since you have no plan on taking the Unova League challenge, this could be your only chance to see her for real!

You make your way through the crowd and gasp at the sight of her posing between Ingo and Emmet. She is even more beautiful in person than on telly! One of her Emolga is sitting on her shoulder and waves at the fans.

"Hiii! How are you doing? It's been a Mawile! I'm all wired up seeing you here today, sweethearts!"

"Hyaaa, Elesaaa! We love yoooou!", the crowd shouts.

"Elesa, let us take a selfie!"

"You and the Subway Bosses look so cool, together!"

"Subway Boss Ingo! We want to see Haxorus!"

"Subway Boss Emmet, show us Galvantula!"

"Elesa! Where's Zebstrikaaa?"

"We want to see you Pokémon battling!"

The Gym Leader laughs.

"Actually, I was up for a Littleo challenge today and thought it would be a Magneton of fun to do a battle with the besties down here!", she holds their arms to bring them closer to her. The twins tilt their hats at the same time, pleased.

"Watt an honour, Elesa! Thank you for your shocking visit!", says Emmet.

"We are absolutely, positively confident that this day will be memorable for all of us!", adds Ingo.

The two of them strike their famous pose, making the public go even wilder.

"Ahaha! I'm literally Electabuzzing with excitement to have you as my opponents! But first off! I'd like to invite my fans to watch as I take on the dashing Subway Bosses! I'm going to do a livestream on social media and let you see this ampactful fight!"

The tension mounts as the audience is held spellbound by her words. Her Rotom phone is playfully floating around her.

"Wow, you can tell that everyone here is so emotionally charged...", comments Emmet.

"Indeed, Emmet! And are you ready for my next announcement?"

"Elesaaa, we're all ears!", answers the audience.

"Well, it wouldn't be entertaining to face on my own these truly impressive gentlemen, right? I want to do a Multi Battle! But for that, I need a buddy!"

The crowd holds its breath.

"Aaand that's why I'd like to kindly request my friends the Subway Bosses to do me a favour and pick a strong Trainer to fight by my side!"